Hi All

I am off to this hotel on Sat 7th Nov 2009 flying from Manchester....anyone else going around then too?

I have checked the reviews on this site and a few other well known holiday advice sites but just wondered if is anyone here who could answer a few questions for me

Are there safety deposit boxes in the rooms or reception?

Do they provide pool/beach towels?

I read a review that there the food in the buffet is typical english pie and spuds fare and that there is very little in the way of local cuisine which would be a bit dissapointing to go the whole way to Gambia just to eat food like home every night.....can anyone comment on this?

I'm a single female in my 30's travelling alone so am aware I will probably get a bit of unwanted attention from bumsters/hotel staff trying to tell me it's love at first sight and all that (not that I think I'm drop dead gorgous or anything :rofl )......any helpful hints to deter them without being really rude? the usual line for Tunisia is that I have a boyfriend at home who isn't with me because he doesnt like the sun.

How long is the walk from the hotel to the market, is it safe enough in daylight for me on my own?.... I know the bumsters will be there but from what I can gather they are annoying but not dangerous.

Is there a shop you can buy cheaper (safe) water/snacks etc nearby? If you do buy water/snacks will they confiscate them if you try to take them into the hotel from outside?

Lastly is there a mini bar or fridge in the room?

Thanks in advance

leanna xx