General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
which engine and which transmission.... its available with engines of 1lt petroll or 1.3 deisel upwards and with a prnd automatic or a tiptronic automatic gear box...
My son has a 1.0 ltr petrol and my wife a 1.3 diesel, much better economy and a smoother drive in the diesel version, i don't know about the automatic but for a small car I certainly like my wifes diesel to drive.
if its a vauxhall it cant be a 1.4 diesel.. it must be a 1.3 which is available in two power outputs, 8 valve 75 psi and 16 valve 95psi.. up to my redundancy my main work was for GME [vauxhall/opal] I found the 1 and 1.2 lt auto petrol very choppy as was the 1.3 cdti 75, the 1.4 better and the 1.3cdti 95 the best in the smaller engines, for ease of use the prnd box is simpler than the tiptronic [which i always drove as a clutch-less manual
WARNING if you only do short runs avoid any diesel which has a DPF [diesel particulate filter] as the exhaust system wont get hot enough for long enough to burn this clean when needed, replacement if blocked is a couple of hundred pounds
if its a vauxhall it cant be a 1.4 diesel.. it must be a 1.3

:duh You are of course correct it is a 1.3 a typo error on my behalf, that is a very good point about the DPF and a diesel does need a regular good run of over 20 minutes at higher revs (motorway / dual carriageway) to keep it clean.
Have you thought about a Fiesta? We had a Corsa as a courtesy car recently and the drive was awful, the handling, driving position, less gadgets less space in the rear including the boot.everything about it compared to the our car was awful it took the Corsa for us to appreciate what a great little car the Fiesta is. Give it a test drive...
We have decided on the 1.4 auto petrol had a test drive and was very pleased actually it's quite fast for a little car,it's been years since i had a corsa can't really remember if it had any bad points the..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.