Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
crazy prices
23 Posts
the holiday we cancelled in cyprus went back up for sale at 1000-00 more the next day
it is almost unbelievable sometimes
And they have the cheek tell you it will cost you your deposit, I think if they are going to sell the holiday at a higher pricer then they should refund your deposit.
booked a week for a family of 3 in club turquise marmaris, from newcastle with first choice. 13 july 2009 for £835, they are now advertising their " january sale", £ 1350 for the same holiday. It's shocking.
Carly

We paid considerably more that you flying from Glasgow to Club Turquoise for two of us on roughly the same dates. I keep old e-mails and I know it is still less than we paid three years ago so we were very happy. Have to say I think your price is excellent.

Club Turquoise ... fantastic ... tenth year in a row ( sorry tried Club Alize the year it opened ) so nine years but something like the 14 th visit.

Wilson ;)
Edit ooops : just realised your going for a week !!! we are going for two. Still you will have a ball,
I looked at a holiday on Thomas Cook, and after discussing it with my girlfriend went back to the site a day or so later to book it but the price had gone up £100 so I left it.

Later that week I noticed Thomas Cook were promising an additional £25 discount on holidays so I checked it again and the price had actually gone up some more.

Tonight they are advertising £50 discount on the website, looked up the same holiday again and it's now £200 more than when I first looked at it a week or two ago!

This puts me right off of booking and really does look like some sharp practise. Aside from holidays, where else could you get away with advertising bigger discounts whilst increasing your prices?
try deleting your browsing history on tc cook see what happens look in someone elses name they put things in your searching history.
Ramdom

As holidays sell and there is less availability the price increases. It really pays to book early as soon the holidays go on sale, I booked last may and got a fantastic price for my holidays which would be £2000 more now. A hotel I was looking at which was £200 cheaper than the one I booked is £1600 more now, I can't check the price of my hotel because its sold out with all the tour ops. January is when people start to look at booking a holiday and holidays get sold quickly, and the reason why prices are dropping because of the recession tour ops have cut back on the number of holidays they are selling so keeping prices high.
I have avoided the TO and booked DIY. Accomodation is so cheap in Turkey when you book directly with them that I refuse to
pay the TO prices. We got a week SC in marmaris in June for around £230 (think it might have been 233 I can't remember!). If we had booked the same holiday with thomas cook it would have been an extra £150 each!

We actually went into the Thomas cook shop and asked them to match our price of our diy holiday and they said they couldnt do it for anything under £320 for a week sc in June.
Greenshoes

For me to do DIY it would of cost more, 3 adults tour op £2321, hotel £2800 just for the room without flights. Its the £ vs Euro rate, even with the old rate of 1.40 euro's to the £ it still would of been more when the flights are added.
I have booked with Portland for £335 HB for 2 weeks in May My friend booked with Thomas Cook on line 1 week later and has paid £304 for 2 weeks HB.The flight alone would have been £299 with Thomson,£285 with Thomas Cook. :sun2
we are flying with flyglobespan and got a cheap flight
We Book our holiday over a year in advance and on most occasions we have not found it cheaper as the months get closer to our departure date (except with a last minute deal) we are already looking at next years holiday and doing some research on resorts hotels etc.. we will probably book at the end of may for aug 2010.
Andy & Mel
i agree it would cost us much more doing it DIY as we only be able to fly from cardiff or bristol.if u can get a holiday just £10.00 dearer then the flight why have the hassle of booking it youre self :(
We always book very early and done DIY last summer. Got really cheap flights at £90 each return, Edinburgh to Dalaman. Then we booked transfers and accomodation separately. It just seems the prices have shot up for 2009 so it is sometimes better to search for a wee package deal. I have found theres a huge difference travelling out to Turkey in May as opposed to July/August when prices go sky high.

Good luck to those who have found cheap deals. Well done.

Havent paid too much attention recently to flight prices as we are not going to Turkey this year.
should see you there wilson, we are from fife but are travelling from newcastle because of the morning flight out and afternoon flight home, can't bear being in dalaman airport at midnight again.
I couldn't believe it today when I started to look for flights for our sumemr holiday. Aegean flights wanted over £1000 per person for a 2 weeks return flight to Dalaman from Birmingham 26 July. I nearly fell off my chair with laughter. Who pays this sort of money? Di.
Wolvo girl it's £352 from BHX 26 July 12 nights ;) Airflights website £343 flying 25th July 14 nights
I booked fligths last week with Easyjet to Bodrum and we paid £670 for 4 of us, I have just looked tonight and the same flights are £1,370 :yikes That means they have gone up by £700 in one week!
I did the same as you last week Kedi and paid £481.00 for 4 of us 10th August until 3rd September they are now at £1352 :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.