Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
When are you thinking of going and when are you going to book? Don't know about the Baron, but I am going to the Crowne Plaza with 2 kids in April and will do a review when I come back on how suitable it is/isn't for kids, if you can wait that long.
I know it's got 5 pools and is on one of the garden reefs for good snorkelling. Plus you can get to Namma bay quickly in a cab for your evenings out. This will probably be enough for us to do for a week. Might be different if we were going for 2 though. :D
CP is booked with Portland :oops: sorry (being nosey now) why are you anti FC have they let you down?
We are probably going to book in the next 2 weeks but would still be interested in your review when you return as I think we are favouring the Crown Plaza at the moment.

Yes we were let down by FC at a new build last year and having flown with then on a few occasions find there flights the most cramped we have been on and the staff rude. :evil: Our friends are particularly keen not to book with them and as we all want to go together, it looks as if it wil be Portland or Thomas Cook.

:wink:
Sorry forgot to mention we are going in August (phew :shock: )
Hi Carrie
Must admit I haven't been with Portland/Thomson for years, but have been with Eclipse 3 times recently. It will be interesting to see how they compare. I've heard that FC planes are now alot newer than the Thomson fleet.
I did get a good price with Portland for the CP, 300pounds each for a weeks B&B. I took 2 rooms as it was cheaper than a family room for 4. :shock: I checked the prices every couple of days as they seemed to vary and then when I felt I couldn't leave it any longer I booked.
There is a whole thread on the CP but I think its fallen off onto the next page.
Provided my kids take to the snorkelling they won't be bored. I'll post the review on my return. Hope you manage to book something. :wave
CarrieBMW,
I am a Crowne Plaza fan was there last april and going again for 2 weeks this april cant wait. if you have any questions post away. we had a fab time last year and the snorkelling you cant beat and thats including boat trips, i have been on the tiran trip and ras mohamod (or whatever its called) that trip was so choppy could not get off the boat ok for divers but no snorkelling. and the plaza is nearer namma bay the baron is further out near the airport. this is our 7 visit to egypt did hyatt regency in taba, taba hilton, oriental resort sharm and the coral beach tiran on sharks bay in sharm - to me the crown plaza wins hands down...
ELANIE28 thanks for your help and advice. I think the Crowne it will be - hoping to meet up with our friends to book it at the weekend. So I will be surfing the net till then. But the Crowne looks pretty good and the reviews are good and Im sure the kids will love the snorklling.

We will go on a B&B basis I think so is the food in Naama Bay reasonably priced.

Carrie
Dont know if you found the Crowne Plaza thread, but just thought it worth mentioning that there is building work going on there. It sounds like its been going on for an absolute age :shock: so I'm hoping it will soon be finished but I shall see when I am out there. I booked knowing this as most reports say it isn't affecting peoples holidays. I think Elaine has rebooked as well knowing this. Thought I'd mention it anyway though just incase it would be a problem for you or your friends. :D
Thanks for the warning doepsmc I remember reading that somewhere, I think. :hmmm

We can't go until 13 Aug now and Portland are offering 10th or 17th Aug flights out (can't go on 17th either). :x

Will let you know where we end up booking. :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.