Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Karen, I've replied re the weather in the other thread where you asked about. Re Havana, I think it depends a lot on what your child is like and what they like doing. I was recently in Havana with some one who had her 10yr old daughter with her who loved walking the streets, poking around the craft market and choosing presents to take home and helping her Mum choose a painting to take home and hang on the wall, soaking up the atmosphere and being made a fuss of by the locals (who are very child-centred).

But if your son would be bored by that sort of thing then you won't find much in the way of entertainment aimed specifically at kids and the hotels in Havana assume that you are there to do the sights and you won't find much in the way of daytime entertainment on offer in them. The same is often true of an evening as well because they assume that you will be out in one of the many excellent music venues and bars listening to live bands etc.

For me, you need at least 3 days in Havana but you might prefer to do a day trip only in the light of the above. But whether that is worth it will depend on where you are staying and whether you will be transported by bus or air. If you do stay over then I would suggest that you try and make sure that it is in one of the hotels such as the Sevilla that has a swimming pool and then when he gets too hot and/or bored you can go back to the hotel for a dip.

SM
SMa has summed it up better than I could... personally I think that a 10yo will be a bit bored... the day trip to Havana is a long day and will also tire a child out, but at least they can grab some zzzzssss on the coach

ATB,J.
Yeah, I agree. Havana is a fascinating place for adults and you could spend the whole 2 weeks there and still not see everything. It is full of fantastic culture, architecture, history etc, but for a 10 year old boy it could be a nightmare. I would personally go for the day trip and see how things go. You can always revisit in the future if you want to stay longer :D
Where are you thinking of staying?

Cheers

Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.