Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Cypria Bay
21 Posts
Hi Helen,

Reviews from this year can be found HERE

Hope this helps you

Helenxx
Hi.
We stayed at the Cypria Bay last year and could not fault it, although reading some of the reviews this year, some are moaning about the food.
We couldnt fault this, but whereever you go you will always find someone who is not happy.
One thing i have noticed is it seems that some guests are having to be moved next door to the Cypria Maris because the Cypria Bay is over booked.
I'm trying to get the e mail address for the Cypria bay but all those i have found listed have been returned to me as incorrect address.
Anyone have the correct e mail address please
Hi
Thanks for the reassuarance i have sent previous emails to
cypriabay@dhcyprotels.com maybe try that one.

I have sent one today to ask them to confirm our bookings made through Thomas Cook as we fly this Sunday :shock:

HTH
Helen x
We stayed at the Cypria Bay for one week from 17.06.06.

1: Yes there was a queue for drinks but basically only at about 8.15pm - 8.30pm as people were all getting ready for pre dinner drinks . You never waited no more than a couple of minutes. the idea of a queue also was everybody was served in turn - no pushing in at the bar .

2: We always went for the 2nd sitting for dinner which started at 8.30 pm we never went down before 9.00pm and always found plenty of food and variety. Plenty of wine and beer you just helped yourselves.

3: Sunbeds again no problem we got a sunbed each day on the beach

4: Overall really enjoyed our stay at this Hotel and will go back again in September.

But what we have to remeber one persons opion is not always the same as yours.
Hi Ed
Thanks for much for your reassurance
Hope you enjoy your return stay
Helen x
Just to let you know , we found this a very relaxing holiday . Nothing was too much troble for hotel staff . It was my partners birthday while we were there and in the restaurant they baked a cake and gave us a bottle of champagne.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did

ED :lol: :lol:
Hi Ed
That was a nice touch for her brithday
Thanks again
Helen x
Hi Helen/ mrs guy.
I have tried that e mail address with my query last week and as yet havent had a reply, perhaps becuse overbooking is a problem and they cant reassure me that i wont encounter this.
Any re assurance that this wont happen, would be appreciated, bearing in mind we booked last september.
Thanks
Peter
Hi Peter
When are you staying at the hotel? We fly for two weeks on Sunday, i could let you know when i return if they tried to move us etc.

Did you book with the hotel direct or through a travel agent?

Helen
Hi Helen.
We fly out on the 15th August having booked with Thomas Cook.

I contacted them and they inform me that they were unaware of this problem.
Ive also e mailed RIU , but they have also failed to reply.

Would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks
Peter
hi there
We also are staying at cypria bay soon and have been very concerned about recent reports but take a look at holidaywatchdog.A new post on there gives it 9 out of 10.
We have booked with first choice and their customer service say they arent aware of any probs, so here's hoping !
Hi Peter
we have also booked with Thomas Cook and they said they have had no complaints from their customers with the overbooking situation and have said that this will not happen to me, hope they are right!!!
I have also emailed the hotel with no response as yet, not a good sign?

I return of the 30th July and will post you when i return
Helen
Hi Leelich
Which site is the new review on?
Many thanks
Helen
Please check out our latest review HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hi All
I phoned the Hotel this morning and spoke to the Manager who confirmed that we were allocated to stay in this Hotel, although he wouldnt confirm there had been a problem with overbooking.

Peter
Hi All
Ive rang and spoke to the hotel ths morning and they have confimed all six rooms for our partys bookings.

Can now relax and start getting excited now.

Hope everyone has a lovely holiday

Helen x
Hi

I am considering the riu cypria bay for a holiday in may but i have just found it on google earth and its only 3 miles from the end of the runway of paphos airport.

Do you get much noise etc from the planes or do they approach from a different angle???

thanks fatcodycat 8)
The planes approach and take off over the sea. Paphos experiences very little aircraft noise.
Thanks for that carol :tup

set my mind at rest abit, we live on a raf base dont need to have planes flying over me on holiday :wink
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.