Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
WELCOME to HT

there are NO TAX FREE ALLOWANCES, Cyprus is a full member of the EU therefore all goods are TAX PAID at point of purchase, therefore under EU rules you can bring back as much as you can carry [as long as you don't go over your baggage allowance] provided you can prove to HMRC they are for personal use, 3200 is an arbitrary figure issued by HMRC as a guide line as to what they think is personal use.[if all the fags/tobacco are the same brand it difficult for them to dispute ]

yasus
wizard
Just to advise you that you must be very aware where you purchase your cigarettes from. You will see from some previous posts that there is an awful lot of counterfeit goods and a few posters have been caught out.
does anybody know the price (in pounds) of tobacco/cigs in cyprus thanks
My mum has just come back from there and she reckons that a price of 200 cigs is about £30...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.