Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi :wave

Sorry I don't have much time to give you a detailed answer (going out on nightshift) but this site is full of information

http://www.visitmalta.com/main

and I am sure that a few of the other Malta lovers on here will be on soon to give you more detailed info.

My quick suggestions are take a good guide book, buy a weeks bus pass and go to Bugibba and get a bus to Valletta, Sliema or Mdina bus stops and change busses and tour the island , there is so much to see that you will always find something of interest.

Try to get to Gozo (OK Mark :lol: ) and also visit The Malta Aviation Museum at Ta' Qali, near the craft village.

http://www.maltaaviationmuseum.com/

There is so much more you can see and do so hopefully somebody can give you more info soon, if not I will be back online shortly.

Over to you guys and gals :wink:

Graham
Hi Graham and Doonhammer, my suggestion would be to start at the very first pages of this forum and read through best you can, I know it's a big job but you have loads of time to research and ask back up questions.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi doonhamer32,

You'll find the Coastline okay (we've certainly enjoyed our many stays there), but it's a bit out of the way and I note that you're not hiring a car like we always do if we stay there. If you're going to use the buses I certainly suggest you take the hotel's free courtesy bus into Bugibba and catch the bus from the terminus there, since certainly during the Summer months many of the buses passing the Hotel are chocker full! You may have to travel into Valletta to catch other buses to get you to some of the places you might want to visit.

Hope this helps,

Trev
One of our best holidays was when we went to the bus stop each day and got on the first bus that came along, we found many interesting places
Thanks all :tup
From what I remember, the buses are part of the fun :lol:
Charliegirl, I like your idea
Graham, thanks for the links, I'll have a look there.
Sliema, tall order, but as you say, I've got plenty of time :D
My daughter quite fancies going to the "Knights of Malta 1565" show - has anybody been? What did you think of it?
The courtesy bus from the Coastline stops outside the Santana Hotel in Qwara, only a 2 min walk from Bugibba bus station. If you are using a bus pass the bus to/from Sliema stops right outside the Coastline Hotel. Enjoy your stay.
Hi doonhamer32,

I think we went to the 'Knights of Malta 1565' show if it's the one in Valletta, where you are given a cd guided tour from room to room with various historic enactments relating to the Knights - but it was a couple of years ago. We certainly enjoyed it and thought it was well worth the visit.

Of course they've probably improved on it since our visit and I'd like to know what you thought about the show if you decide to go?

Trev
I LOVE MALTA!!!

best trips/things to do.

Go to the war shelters in Mgarr, you will have to get a bus to Mosta then change to Mgarr. You can have a look round the church at Mosta while you wait.

Go to Rabat to the catacombs, and the little cave with the statue of St Paul. The church there is also lovely, really old. And have a walk round.

Go to the war museum in Valletta. (Miss the war rooms though we weren't impressed.)
I love going in all the churches in Valletta. We came across a little church doorway in a row of little buildings and we went in the church inside was huge you couldn't believe it was there. I am sure it was St Pauls shipwreck church. There is a sign. Also in St. Johns you can look at the old paintings and church stuff.

Go on a trip to Gozo, the citadel is good and Ta'Pinu church.

I can't believe I spend so much time lookingin churches, I am not religous I love the buildings and the statues.

I am so jealous, I'm not going this year!

Go to
Thanks Trev - the Knights of Malta we were looking at is the one in the Powerhouse Theatre, in Valetta - would that be the one you were at?

Joe - thanks for some good ideas there mate
HI there, 'The Malta Experience' down at St Elmo is a good introduction to Maltese History. We haven't been there for years and are thinking of going again next month
Although I have not seen the Knights of Malta show live, I have a seen preview on the local television and it looks very impressive! Here's the link for anyone who is interested
http://www.malta1565.com/page.asp?n=home
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.