General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
My 13 year old has a mouth full of metal, with wires, brackets, rings and big springy things but she was fine at the airport - don't worry :wink:
There is a small possibility that your daughters dental fixtures may set of the security scanner. But you could ask for a 'body/hand' search instead. You don't pass through the machine that way, but that said, it would mean an Officer man handling your daughter so that might not be a good idea.

I do not forsee any problems.....if she does go through the machine and sets the alarm off, you can easily make some sort of joke about it depending on her age.....say something like she has been picked out because they know she has been a good girl at school or something...anything to take her mind off why she set the alram off. But lets face it, it is only a short quiet beep these days, she may not even notice it.
Hi
I have a denture plate with metal pieces on it and it didn't set anything off, so I think the brace will be ok.

regards
Dawn
thank you for the quick replies, you are all a great help and have put her mind at rest now. i dont know what i would do without this site.

mandy :thanks
Hi Mandy
You're welcome. I have had a lot of help from this site too.

Dawn
My fifteen year old has a metal bar inserted in his chest and he just can't wait to set the bleeper off. He's going to be very disappointed if it doesn't go off!
my titanium posts in my neck don't seem to have any effect on the machines - but the metal supports in hubby's old shoes do it every time!!
If you ever see an airline captain wandering through security in his socks - you'll be able to recognise him!!!
My husband has three metal plates in his face and never beeps, however when I broke my leg my crutches did set it off.
My artificial knee joint sets some security scanners off.
Implants such as hip ball and sockets, dental braces, bridges and plates for the skull are made from titanium and the reason this metal is used is not because it doen't trigger scanners but because it is a physiologically inert material. I believe it is also used in body piercing :)
You're welcome. I have had a lot of help from this site too. last week,i got some dental imlants from my friends.and i feel great!

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.