DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
DIY to Benidorm
8 Posts
Hi I have also replied to you in the Benidorm forum. Yes that could be right as we saved about that much last year. First check your accommodation is avaibable on the dates you want, then book flights, then accommodation, as there is a lot more of this than flights, then your taxis. We used shuttle direct, cost about £100, check them out in Benidorm forum, Alicante Airport section. There were 5 of us and taxis only take 4. The cheapest is the airport bus but it doesn't run during the night, it didn't suit us arriving early hours of the morning. Hope this helps. Karen
Hi Tangobunny

I have just done my first Diy to Benidorm, I was warry as we were traveling with a child. I checked my hotel first then I booked my flights I then booked my hotel. I was a bit nervous about using Alpha beds as I haven`t heard much about them so I booked the Hotel via Alpha beds through a Travel Agent their cost was the same so I knew I had the agents ABTA bonding. Last of all I used my credit card so if anyone when bust I knew my money was safe.

I can honestly say things have never gone as smooth, flights on time both ways,good service with Easyjet. Hotel room ready on arrival so need to worry about Alphabeds and a swift transfer no waiting for everyone to get on the coach that drops off at numerous hotels.

I`m so impressed that I`ve booked 2 more diy holidays for this year, the saving I made on my xmas diy Benidorm has paid for 1 of them.

good luck
As the others have said "Go for it, girl!". It was a year ago that I did my first DIY to Benidorm, and like you, was very nervous, expecting to turn up at the airport and apartments with them having no record of us, but as Christine said, it couldn't have gone smoother. We also travel from South Wales, but find EasyJet flights from Bristol a bit cheaper, and the times more convenient, than bmiBaby from Cardiff. It is also worth looking at the Thomson flights, as they can be good value as well.
Since that initial DIY trip last January, we have had three more breaks to Spain, so as you can tell, the savings are definitely worth it.
Wendy
We did diy Benidprm last September and everything was excellent. Booked an apartment through Viajes Alameda and transfers with them too . Their part of shuttle direct. Flights with XL . Great holiday. Wouldn,t think twice about diy now.
Well I've done it.I took the plunge
Booked the flights and hotel this morning.
I've only got to book the airport transfer now.
Can anyone tell me how it works.Do u book the shuttle now or wait until nearer the time.I'm assuming you pay in euros for the return journey when you arrive at the airport.
Is the shuttle at a designated pick up point or does the driver wait for your flight with one of those plackards with your name on it?
Tangobunny ... If you are travelling during peak season, I would advise booking your transfers early in case the service is fully booked nearer the time. This is more likely to happen with shared transfers, as private transfers can usually be arranged at short notice using a taxi rather than their own private vehicle.

Payments are made online at the time of booking, and full instructions about pick up should be displayed on the website.

I believe that bookings made by phone, or payments made direct to the driver, may be liable to a surcharge.

David :wave
Yes it is peak season..last week in July.We are 6 people so we wont all fit in a taxi so maybe I will book up front.I'm sure I read somewhere though that you pay the driver....maybe I misunderstood.I'll go and have a look on the recommended site now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.