General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Wouldnt annoy me if somebody got out of their seat when the seatbelt signs were on......... :que
Worse than that are the people that insist on ringing the buzzer for attention, when we're still taking off & the cabin crew are still strapped in! :duh
I can't say it bothers me really, it just shows how thick these people really are :rofl
Perhaps the answer is to have the type of restraint used on white knuckle rides. Can't get off/out until someone presses the unlock button.

fwh
Pippa is right to be concerned, not because they are ignoring this rule but because they are probably of the growing group that thinks that if they don't see the point they don't have to comply. Or the other equally large group that thinks that if something hasn't been explained to them personally it can't apply to them.

Then one day you have to do an emergency evacuation following the rules on the card ...........
I have worked for several companies when the fire alarm has gone off - testing - and everyone has been forced to leave the building. Including senior management. Anyone who did not got jumped on. I wonder how people would go on if a similar thing was operated on aircraft. No doubt lots of complaints but it would certainly get the message home.

fwh
Wouldnt annoy me if somebody got out of their seat when the seatbelt signs were on.........

I can't say it bothers me really, it just shows how thick these people really are

I would be concerned, I have been in very severe turbulance and the captain asked even the crew to be seated and strapped in, unfortuantely one idiot didn't and he was launched out of his seat upwards banging his head on the lockers, fortunatley he wasn't standing in the aisle as he could have easily injured someone, possibly me if he had been walking past going to the loo.
But then you get the situation where the seat belt sign is left on for hours on end. People eventually get up to go to the loo, stretch legs etc because they have too.
One of the many little annoyances which drive me mental when flying, to be completely honest! Thank god I'm not cabin crew - I think I'd lose the plot completely with them! Oh, for a device which locks them in their seats until the signs go off!! :D
That does annoy me too because they are just ignoring the rules that are there for their's and other people's safety. It think some people are either just plain stupid or they think rules don't apply to them. I'm sure they would be the first to complain too if the plane gave a sudden lurch and they ended up getting hurt. It is just plain inconsiderate really.
But then you get the situation where the seat belt sign is left on for hours on end. People eventually get up to go to the loo, stretch legs etc because they have too.

I don't think the seat belt light is left on just to spite people. If it is on (I don't remove mine unless I need to move) then it is for a purpose. Just like going down the road and you see a sign warning of works and lane restrictions. There are always those who think it does not apply to them.

fwh
On a flight I was on last week the seatbelt sign was on for hours, despite there being little turbulence. You can't keep a plane full of people sat for that long without them needing the loo. Maybe the captain forgot to switch the sign off.
it is possible for the seat belt sign to be left on accidently.
it is also possible that the cabin crew have asked for it to be left on for any number of reasons -a crowd of people being too boisterous, to give the crew clear access to serve meals etc.
the simple solution would be to press the help button and then quietly ask for the sign to be switched off, if possible, or the crews permission to use the toilet.
if there was sudden turbulance, i personally would not relish some 20 stone person flying through the air near me.
i personally keep my belt on all the time(except toilet breaks), obey the crew, listen to the safety demo every trip and never eat or drink on the lo-cost flights (ryan,easy,wizz).
Sooner or later something like this will happen...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/447724.stm

... and it won't be their fault will it.
Steve, you'll have people scared to go to the loo! Sounds like the plane just dived without warning, it doesn't mention if the seat belt sign was on. I'm sure most people stretch their legs and go to the loo at some point!
I only have 1 cup of coffee when I get to the airport and go to the loo on the way to the departure gate.
My seatbelt stays fastened until we land. :rofl
Blame the bars at the airport that are open from 6am. :rofl
Crikey I hope I never get on the same flight as some of you lot.
Why do people go to the loo as soon as the seat belt sign is turned off.?
There could be many reasons"¦like for example,
They have been drinking alcohol before boarding and alcohol is a diuretic, the effects made worse at altitude.
They may simply be nervous and the adrenaline rush sends signals to the brain to empty the bladder/bowels.
They may have a medical condition especially the elderly who may have urological problems, which affect both men and women, which causes them to visit the loo often.
They may be taking prescription drugs for such things as IBS, plus combined with the anxiety of flying, the condition is exacerbated.
If you put these people in an aluminium tube, you will notice it more than if these people were gathered together in a larger area.

Or it simply could be the case (as what happened to me last year) despite being at the airport with plenty of time to spare, that by the time I and others had got through the queues because of the lack of organisation at the airport, we had no time to do anything but swiftly walk to the gate and onto the plane, so by the time the seat belt sign went off, having had a couple of cups of coffee before I left for the airport, I was sat platting my legs.

For those who can drink like a fish and possess a bladder that can hold litres of urine, you'll find that the pattern is repeated when the seat belt sign comes on for landing and there are logical reasons like the fear element kicking in at the thought of coming down from 35,000 feet, or they may have little time for a connecting flight, or they may have a delay when the plane has landed and a long walk to the luggage collection area without a toilet in sight, so psychologically it's natural to go to the loo, and then there are those who have just taken the airline's advise to keep drinking water during the flight to combat the effects of dehydration.

Most people have a basic fear of :swear themselves.

Sanji
Hear, hear Sanji! I'd love to be one of those people that doesn't have to go to the loo for hours on end but unfortunately I'm not. It also doesn't help that I have chronic back problems which are made worse by those uncomfortable airplane seats - I often end up getting up to stretch my back and think 'may as well got to the loo while I'm up'. Plus, if the person next to you has picked up Delhi belly on their hols, I think most people would prefer them to deal with their problem in the confines of the loo, rather than turning the cabin air green!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.