EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Gillian

These type of Estate Agents are worldwide. I had exactly the same thing happen when we sold our house in yUK recently, If we had took the estate agents valuation we would be short 25,000 Sterling. We dug our heels in with them and got OUR full asking price.
it happens to buyers as well.we get talked into buying more expensive property,anyone buying property abroad,please ask for advise off people who have done it first,it could save you thousands.i think people on here have got a tale or two to tell.
Interesting reading gillian :D So far in my experience, that type of selling :wink: hasn't hit Lanzarote yet. Here the commission for selling the house is 5% normally (3% if you give someone exclusivity). The difference seems to be whether you use an English or Spanish Estate Agent. The spanish ask what you want for your house, and then they add their commission on when they speak to prospective buyers. The English ask what you want, and then take their 5% if they sell it. This caused much confusion for me when my house was advertised, at several difference prices, until I realised what was going on!!!! The estate agents valuation is irrelevant anyway, I have found, it's the banks valuers that are the important people here :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.