Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi we went to kusadasi about 3years ago. Stayed at the pine bay holiday resort. Had a fab time. Some lovely beaches there. Great market and bazaar. Its a large place so plenty to do. google kusadasi.biz loads of information on there. regards denny
Hi Carol, We were in Kusadasi last September but our Hotel, nice as it was, was right in the heart of the place near a Mosque and it was Ramadan as well. Consequently, drums were beat in the middle of the night to tell people to eat before sunrise. Hopefully, your Hotel is on the outskirts and you won't get any of this !!

As you rightly point out, Kusadasi is one resort that isn't talked about a lot. Whilst there, make sure you go to Ephesus, you can get there by Dolmus and Taxi. Also, as Denny said, go to the weekly market in the Friday Market Area and whilst there call in at Filling Station for refreshment. By the way Carol, have you read the Hotel Review ?? There are some favorable comments.

Les
Carol,

You will not regret booking Kusadasi. Went there two years on the trot several years ago and loved it. Decided on a change and went to Marmaris where we found our wee bit of heaven and have gone there since. I would not however put anyone off going there. It does seem at times that the Marmaris / Icmeler posts sometimes dominate but I think it's because Marmaris is one of the biggest resorts so it stands to reason more people go there so more posts from there ... does that make sense ! It wasn't that long ago (April / May) that there was hardly a Marmaris post on here. Anyway I'm confident you will have a ball in Kusadasi.

Wilson :wink:
We stayed at the Ephesus Princess 2 years ago and loved it. My husband would go back but I like to try different places so last year it was Olu Deniz, this year it's Gumbet and 2008 looks like Side :lol:

Ephesus was one of my favourite places EVER, but I love ancient history so it would be. The hotel's beach was quiet and peaceful, the city was bustling, the scenery fab, the harbour was lovely too. :lol:
Thanks everyone. Have looked at all the reviews. Hotel does seem nice and we are looking forward to our holiday.
Me and my family went to Tusan Beach Resort last year and the hotel was fantastic :) I thought Kusadasi itself doesnt live upto Marmaris but is still a great resort in itself. The centre is great for food and shops :) Have a great time!!

Sully
Hi all, have just booked to go to Aqua Fantasy in Kusadasi 9th July for 2 weeks. Dont know much about the resort or what it offers - apparently it doesnt seem to advertise all its facilities! Any advice or information would be helpful. Thanks.
The AquaFantasy park has its own website as does Adaland The Adaland is worth going to as an alternative but you will have to pay.
Just up the road by dolmus is Ephesus and the "house of the virgin mary" as well as the town of Selcuk. It is cheaper to do Ephesus DIY.
In Kusidasi there is Pigeon Island and on the walk out there are loads of boats which do trips including food and soft drinks. These boats were better than the Diana boat used by Thomas Cook when we went.
There are local jeep trips which take in traditional Turkish villages and houses etc. A long trip away is Pumakale (cotton top mountain). We went via Aphrodisias, fine if you like ruins.
There is the Caravanserai entertainment in Kusi, which we thought excellent value and the food was very English that year. There is quite a lot of info about Kusi here but it is hidden within the hotel threads. One of the closest is the Tusan Beach Resort so anything about the area is relevant to Aquafantasy which is a couple of miles further along the road away from Kusi.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.