General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
I did register with Groupon but I never actually read their daily emails & offers. Maybe I ought to start after reading how many bargains you have got there SC
no you can usually buy better anyway if your willing to put in the work
It's no something I have done so far, bu would definately consider it. I am always up for a bargain, and so etimes it means that you do things that you wouldn't ordinarily consider especially if you were paying full price for them.

I do try and read all emails from sites I am registered with incase here is anything worth perusing, but it means being careful who you register with or you get swamped and it becomes unmanageable.

A friend of ours registered with the taste card, I think that was what it was called ? that seemed very worthwhile.

Doe :sun2
Doe, the taste card is great. I had one last year. Got in on ebay for a fiver! I have the gourmet card this year,- same principle and pretty much the same restaurants.. In fact we are going out tonight to an italian restaurant close by which gives us 25% off the total bill including drinks.
The good thing I felt about it is that as you say you get a % off the full menu. So many 'deals' are off of a limitted menu, which is fair enough as I understand how restaurants need to get an economy of scale to offer two courses for a tenner.

But sometimes it's lovely just to be able to pick exactly what you want and still get a decent discount.

Doe :sun2
I've used groupon a couple of times and everything was ok. Then I sent for some snow spikes for shoes and was waiting and waiting. A google search revealed a thread whereby many people weren't happy with the company selling the spikes and they were also reporting Groupon as not having good customer care so I got nervous. My spikes did arrive however, albeit a lot later than I felt comfortable with.

My friend, has had rakes of stuff off them. Weekend breaks, meals out etc all at really good prices.
I never ever buy anything that you have to order online as i have read too many times of late or even non delivery of goods and not good customer service when you need to complain/get your money back.
However i'm pretty discerning about what i buy, and have got some genuine bargains.
I always check to see if i could get the product or service direct for the same price and nine out of ten times i cant!
i use them alot,for when we got to florida.we swam with the mantees last year 50% off.i have booked zip lining,mini golf,cicis pizza buffet,airboat ride & never had a problem with any.
i always check the website first,to see if you are really getting the deal,they say you are,but have been pleased,with the savings we have had.
tracy
I've ordered a few things on line and touch wood they have came ok. I've had a few £5 vouchers from groupon too which has made the deal even better.
Was very pleased to recieve a £5 groupon credit last week :) they do this every so often!
very impressed with using groupon for a far afield as Florida!!
i regularly check the deals for other parts of the country, if i am going away for a few days.
Picked up some good deals for Edinburgh and London in the last year
I haven't looked for a while tbh so may pop over later and take a look. :tup
i work in an establishment where groupon is a package, and for what customers pay for the groupon voucher, the product received is extremely good value. this does have it's drawbacks, as Groupon do limit the availability, such as key blackout dates for school half terms, and all deals are 'subject to availability'. it's worth it if you are prepared to be flexible with dates i suppose.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.