Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Elaine,

We were in Altinkum last month and found the Dolmus to be very cheap and plentiful. Yes, hold out your hand, assuming the board in the windscreen says it is going to where you want to go !! We always pay as we get on, some Dolmus have a fare collector on them in addition to the driver.

Les
the esra is walking distance to the town about 10 mins you pass lots of bars on the way our favorite was thr sultan
thanks for the replies.

I have heard that it isn't too long to get to the town from the Esra but i thought in the heat we might not feel like it. :sun2

Do they stop also where you want? Do you have to tell them where your going or just stand up like on a bus?

I know i might sound unbelievbly stupid but i don't want to be on a dolmus on my way to Bodrum :rofl

Thanks Elaine 10 days to go :D
you would have to walk up to the main rd the dolmus will stop if you stick out your han, when you want to get off just say stop pay driver and get off
we were in altinkum last month and used the bus all the time you tell the driver where you are going or the fare collector and he would tell you when it was your stop its only 1.25 lira and if you are walking on the road the bus will toot its horn for you to see if you want to get on

suzie :)
you can take the dolmus to mavishier its like a little resort the beach is really quiet and they have some sea front cafes and the market is on every night from 5pm-12am that only cost 1.50 ytl

ijust think the buses are great as susieg says they will toot to see if you want to get on also of a night they toot and flash there lights aswell :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.