General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
DOM REP
7 Posts
I think the E111 is only for countries in Europe who have a reciprocal agreement??
thanx 4 that so what do we do instead of e111?
I imagine you'd just have your holiday insurance, I'm not aware of there being an alternative to the E111.

Philippa :D
thanks for that, we have holida insurnace so we should be ok.
Rachel,

E111 is no use in Dom Rep, so just go along with your holiday insurance. Out of 4 holidays where we've had to buy insurance (i travelled abroad) we have had to use it 3 times! Including to our visit in the Dom Rep, just be aware over there tho, that they in most situations in the Dom Rep get you to pay for your treatment and then claim it back when you return unless it is for longterm hospitalised treatment.

Im now doing battle trying to get a refund of my doctors bills for our Dom Rep trip.

Karen x
ok thanks for that. What has happened if you dont mind me asking why you had to use insurance?

I checked in travel agent today they did confirm we didnt need e111! never been before so just wasnt sure!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.