Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
LOL. Just ignore it. A holiday is what you make it. Turkey is fab anyway so that will make up for any shortcomings in the hotel. (but there probably wont be any).

Doe :sun2
I agree with above answer as i was just like you i had a read negative reviews on my hotel and thought oh my gawd what am i going into as i was on my own it made it worse but i shouldn`t have been worried as the hotel was great and its true a holiday is what you make it.
I had a fantastic time i`ve only been back a week and wished i was still.
I also agree that Turkey is a great place.
Have a great holiday.
:sun2 Sheena
sheena are you the girl that we were helping with information if so glad you had a great time

suzie :)
I never set to much store with reviews ,tend to just use them as a guideline whats good for some is no good for others.I like to find out how good or bad hotels are myself .I have had some good one to one advise from members on this site ,which is the way i like it .I think if you go on holiday after reading a review of some bad points ,then that seems to make you look for them .Have a great holiday and dont let it worry you ,there are far more positive points in turkey than negative .

:tup :wave:

Bluepeterno1
Don't worry about it, in every hotel there is someone who doesn't like it. Just go and have a great time :sun2
Unless it was one of many recent bad reviews, I'd jut ignore it.

I have seen terrible reviews for some great places that we have stayed. I think that some people just like to moan about really minor things. Have a great time.
Hi Suzie
Was that before i went on holiday if it was A big Thanks for the info .

:cheers
Sheena
I would just ignore it. What one person loves another person strongly dislikes. It would be a sad old world if we were all alike.

Just go with an open mind and have a fantastic holiday.
It depends on which hotel you are going to!
My friends daughter and son and their partners and children went to Turkey last week with Goldtrail to a Literera hotel in Bodrum.
They have texted my friend to say the hotel is dreadful.Do I feel sorry for them? NO because they asked me to find out about this hotel and I told them I was offered it earlier in the year and after reading the awful reviews I decided not to go.
One good thing, is the weather is lovely. :sun2
dont believe all you read the report may come from a right Victor Meldrew we went to a hotel with some terrible reports but when we got there we fell in love with the place and next year we are going back for the 5th time but its turkey just go and enjoy gods own country
I have read two reports on the hotel we are going to - both from people who were staying there at the same time........ one said the pool was so dirty that you could not see the bottom: the other said that the pool and surrounding area were lovely and clean!!!!! You pays your money and takes your chances! Have a good holiday whatever! :cheers
I read up on the reviews of the appartments we were going to last year, i found them so shocking, was sure one of us would end up having a nasty accident or get food poisoning etc... I begged the T.O to change us to somewhere else... they wouldnt...honestly we had the best holiday ever, none of us got electrocuted or poisoned, we had a hot shower every night, we were not kept awake by rowdy drunken gangs, the staff were on hand at all times day or night, the cleaners came in every day, changed bedding every other day... just couldnt fault it at all.

dont believe all you read, some people will never be happy where ever they go! ;)

enjoy your hols!

clare x
I remember a number of years ago we used to go yo cyprus once a year as well as turkey .This one time we were due to fly with Cyprus air ,having never flown with them before ,i decided to do some research on them .I only found a few reviews ,but one of them was really terrible ,this guy said that it was the worse flight he had ever had ,the food was horrible ,stone cold ,people were sick as soon as they ate it ,the crew were untidy dirty and very cheeky,there was cracks in the side of the plane where the wind was blowing through , toilets were overflowing and people were crying they were so scared .He said that they should be supplying parachutes .You can imagine how we felt ,we were really worried about this ,so much that we tried to have our flight changed without luck .We went on the flight and found it to be the best we were ever on ,even since then.Turns out that the guy who wrote the review had a few weeks before been put off one of their flights for being drunk and threatening the flight crew. Just goes to show that some people can have ulterior motives for writing bad reviews.

Bluepeterno1
Some wise words there people :cheers

The previous reviews I read before booking were generally good, but it was a bit alarming to see a really bad one pop up when we're due to travel in a few days. Hopefully it will turn out that he is just miserable or had unreasonable expectations or some bad luck in the heat of high season. I expect we'll notice if we get a filthy room with broken furniture and no hot water and the murky hotel pool smells of urine!!!

:think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.