Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The Dona Sylvia hotel in Cavelossim is great. It is a closed in complex with seperate cottages for everyone to stay in. You walk through the hotel to the beach and it only take at the most five minutes. Just outside the hotel is a street full of shops and although they are a little more expensive than in other parts of Goa they are very good. The food there is great...... a buffet every night but last time I was there the entertainment at night wasn't good!!!!
However I found that the hotel was that good that we didn't leave it very much. Since then I have been to Goa a number of times and found that you definatley need to go out and explore. Otherwise you could be in any country in the world!!!
been to goa fourtimes,just got back last saturday.the dona sylvia is the best place ive stayed in,really nice.spottlessly clean,good food,rooms very good,cant praise it enough,you will enjoy. :D
It's not the Holiday Inn. Say no more. Anyway go to Mike's Place it's great.
Thanks for the reports sounds great.Can't wait. Our Flight arrives in Goa at seven in the morning so we will probably be at the hotel at about 10 (fingers crossed and toes) do you know how soon they let the rooms out.
As soon as you arrive your room will be ready. We arrived at around 8am once and was showed straight to our room which was very nice. Also there should still be time for breakfast when you get there!!!!
Hi, we are staying at the Dona Sylvia from next Friday. Can anyone tell us if there are safe's in the rooms? It says something about TV, are TVs in the rooms and if so is it satellite?
Also do any of the rooms have ajoining doors as we are staying with our two teenagers and want them next to us. Have tried e-mailing the hotel and have had no response.
Any one going from Gatwick on Thursday?
Shazzer
Hi Shazzer we have stayed at the donna sylvia its a lovely all inc complex you will love it they have safety dep boxes behind reception and yes they do have adjoining rooms we had a joke when we arrived and asked for one of the best rooms and they gave us one worth a try , enjoy your holiday by the way we also arrive in cavelossim on 18th anita
Thank you sylvia,

Are the 'best rooms' bigger then or do they have a view?
Also we wondered whether to get a taxi from the airport rather than sit on a coach or mini bus dropping off at other hotels on the way down. How much would you expect to pay, although we would expect the airport taxi's to be a bit more couldn't possibly be as expensive as the ones here. We were quoted £80 to go to Gatwick which is 40 miles from us! It's cheaper to park up there for two weeks.
Shazzer
There were no safes in the rooms when we were there in April. The safes were behind the reception. It was a 2 key operation You had your own key and reception had a key both keys needed to be inserted to open the safe.
Great Hotel.. Beach shacks brilliant We can recommend Bettys Don't miss the firework party on the beach on wednesday nights
Thank you both

Less than 24 hours before we leave.....cant wait :lol:
new her , please can anyone give me information on " dona silvia hotel ",what is it like, surrounding area , places to visit etc etc,. we are going on the 20th march 06.
thanks john and carol. :D
First of all- welcome to HT John and Carol.
Trainrobber has given you the link to our hotel reviews( thanks for that trainrobber!). Here is some info on the area. But I'm sure others will help as well.
thank - you for the replys. we wish everyone a very happy new year , may your wishes come true. john & carol
Hi John and Carole,

Just got back from Dona Sylvia. There over Christmas. Am just about to post a review in Hotel section however just to say it was fantastic. Although rated as 3-4 star felt like 5star. Gorgeous grounds and staff cant do enough. We would go again!
Sharron and Andy
Hi Shazzer48, My wife and I are staying at the Dona Slyvia in February and wondered what the rooms were like? several people were saying last year the hotel was to have a face lift?
Hi ADM-PVP

Yes the whole place was refurbished over last summer. The rooms are either in a Villa with two up two up two down.or a single story bungalow syle with two rooms and a shared terrace. We had a ground floor room with a terrace, large, more than king size bed, two wicker chairs we could put on the terrace, coffe table, desk and chair, fridge, built in wardrobe, plenty of lamps, air con and ceiling fan. Bathroom was adequate, sink big mirror and vanity unit with a walk in shower big enough for two or even three people! Room was clean and fresh. Window had a wooden shutter. Also a TV with what seemed like hundreds of Indian channels and a few English (CBN, BBC World, MTV) however we only turned it on a couple of times. Upstairs rooms have balconies. Didnt hear any noise from the upstairs rooms. The grounds are gorgeous, lots of cocnut trees and the villas and bungalows well spaced apart. Linen changed every day, pool towels supplied seperately.
Hope you have a wonderful time, I am sure you will....we loved it
Shazzer
hi shazza48,
thank-you for all the information. carol and I are greatly looking forward to travelling to a new country for us. we wish you a very happy new year.
john & carol
john
just keep asking and someone here should be able to help!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.