UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
hi,we went to doniford bay last summer and its a lovely site if a bit on the small side but thats often better than huge sprawling sites anyway. hope youve got a car because its a little isolated if not but is in alovely place. nearby watchet is a nice fishing village with a great carnival end july if youre there. a run into minehead is also good as its a small town with high street stores such a s boots,woolies etc. there is a good tesco in minehead too. the accommodation is average, we'd booked an apartment on a half price holiday offer and when we got therewe would have had to have waited until @5pm to check in and whilst waiting we had a nosy around and found our appt as they had given us our pack but not the key.
it was a dump with half rotten windows etc. it might be alright now if theyve given it a lick of paint but it was quite grotty. when we enquired we were told we could uprade for an extra £100 a week to a gold standard caravan. being that we were there for 2 weeks with a 2 year old and had only paid 100 pounds for the 2 weeks we upgraded and were glad. the caravan was brand new and had a nice enclosed deckingarea where our little one could play safely. i mean they may have changed a lot in 12 months as haven are investing a lot in their parks but you may be better seeing what upgrades are available.
the entertainment was good and all in all we'd probably go back but for not as long next time.
it was as said a great base to tour from. the nearby village of dunster is a must, its a beautiful picture postcard village with a stunning castle overlooking the square. further up onto exmoor is the exmoor zoo/wildlife park which is small but worth a visit.
further afield is longleat which is fantastic with its safari park and gardens but is at least 1 1/2 hours away and you really need to go twice to see everything.
i hope ive not prattled on too much but theres so much to see and do.i hope ive been of assistance and will gladly help again if needed. :D
thanks for your reply, youve been very helpful, ive upgraded from bog standard chalet, to a supposedly luxury chalet (only £30 difference for the week, so probably not much difference)
We are taking our car, and like to go and tour the area, so thanks for the info about day trips.
I will post on this board when I come back (going in a few days)
Cheers
Lorna
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.