Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
me and my husband went to dreams punta cana january this year and it was lovely, they are on with renovating all rooms but to be honest ours had not been done but we had no problems but once we had seen our friends whos room had been done it was gorgous. the food, service well everything was lovely, we would defo recommend this hotel infact our friends are returning next year with their family
Hi,

I have just returned from Dreams Punta Cana. Although the complex itself is lovely, beautiful beach, great entertainment and they manage to cater for everyone from age 2 -granny, we didnt exactly get the holiday we paid for. There were a catalogue of problems. Firstly they got our booking wrong but they did eventually sort it out, but then 6 out of our party of 8 became ill with severe upset tummy. We found quite a few people were also ill on the complex.

Two of our party were so bad they ended up in hospital for 2 days, they had to have stomach injections, 24 hours of intravenous antibiotics and fluids. The rest of our party that were ill were unable to eat for a few days and were ill for approx half the holiday.

We ate at most of the restaurants, the World cafe is the most popular as it has such a wide variety and has the childrens menu. BE CAREFUL if you eat here. On more than one occassion we complained about undercooked chicken, the worst being one that I was served which when you cut into it, it was almost raw at the bone and blood ran freely from it. When we complained we were told that some people like their meat red! Steak maybe but chicken no. Basic food hygene please - chicken must be fully cooked or you can get really sick.

Having said that the steak restuarant is great! Good service and lovely food.

After speaking to other guests that had ill people in their party we found that out of 6 parties that we spoke to 4 had people in hospital!

When our relatives that had been in hospital returned, and we had made a complaint, Dreams offered to upgrade us if we signed a disclosure that we wouldnt pursue the resort for the illness. We refused but they still gave us the upgrade, we only had 3 days of our holiday left and on the first night in the new rooms one of our party who had returned from hospital the day before woke to find raw sewage coming through the ceiling. The hotel cleaned the sewage and wanted them to stay in there for the last night, but we were told by someone that it kept happening and there were two further rooms that they couldnt rent out as it had happend in there also (I wont say who told us as I dont want the person to get in to trouble should someone from the hotel read this). Needless to say my relative refused to stay in this room and got moved. (So avoid block 5 there is definately a problem there).

Having said all of the above we did speak to people that hadnt got ill and had a great holiday. But we didnt get the luxury holiday we expected when spending over £14,000 to stay there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.