Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
The drive would be about an hour possibly less depending on traffic in Corfu Town. However, it's a pretty hairy ride from the airport to Kassiopi in terms of hair pin bends, gradients and tight corners an inch away from houses! I haven't even mentioned the Corfiot drivers yet!

The apartments are very close to the village square. I couldn't give you directions because some of the streets are one way! However just head into the village and down to the square on the one way road and ask for directions when you get there.
Thanks for that Magster ... will have a think about it! My husband drives all over the country (& Europe) for his job so isn't too phased (he regularly drives round London). I think the point is that he doesn't like the idea of being driven by a corfiot taxi driver!!! :roll:
lizw, I know how he feels! We've had some pretty scary journeys courtesy of Corfiot taxi drivers but then the way I look at it is they know the roads, they know what is around the corner and just how much bit of straight road they have to overtake.

Having formerly lived in London for nigh on 20 years I would say that driving in London is a doddle compared to somewhere like Corfu! For one thing the drivers are quite courteous in London plus the traffic is slow!
hi lizw as someone who has also driven around both London and Europe with my job, Corfu town will be the worst part of your drive up to Kassiopi, i have to say though it is not as bad as driving in Rome, just stick your car into the traffic and keep going 8)
I agree with the bit about Corfu town. The first time we went to Corfu hubby hired a car. I wanted to take a walk around the town, but as the traffic was so hectic he couldn't find the time or place to stop the car :bhead . It was a case of being sandwiched in with all the other vehicles and following the leader. We ended up driving straight through Corfu town. Other half was sooo frustrated. Think if I'd have had a valium he'd have taken one :lol:
The drive to Kassiopi really isn't that bad. Take it easy and you'll be fine. As mentioned, it should take 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic in Corfu Town.
  • Edited by Rich C 2007-10-01 06:49:25
Thanks for all the info/help. We shall definitely "take it slowly" as Rich suggested. Hope we'll find the Bella Vista apartments OK (can't be that hard??!!!) :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.