America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Niagara Falls is a good 5-6 hrs drive from NYC- (400 miles)be sure and go on over onto the Canadian side- it is a much nicer area than on the US side,and the gardens and walks along the river leading up to the falls are picturesque.
Just look for signs to the Rainbow Bridge once you get to Buffalo,and once you cross it you're there.
Tons of hotels on Clifton Hill just a short walk down a road to the Falls.
Lots of hotels/inns/motels on Lundy Lane,which is a short drive from falls.
Paterson NJ is not far from NYC- traffic is VERY heavy,I would be more nervous driving in that area if that is your first time, than flying.
You asked if it is on your way,well you're going NW for both destinations,from NYC
You can plan your route by going to http://www.mapquest.com and put in addresses and it will give you driving directions.- instead of a US state as the final destination put in ON for Ontario if you're going over to that side. Rand McNally also do route planning (free)online.
Happy travels.
I personally think that Google Maps is superior to MapQuest but that's just my humble opinion.

emdia makes a good point about driving... in the US, a 5-6 hour drive isn't considered to be that big of a drive but if it's your first time driving here, you might want to think twice if the traffic is busy in NY. But some people get very nervous flying and have no trouble driving even in other countries, so perhaps that isn't a problem.
Make sure your car hire company allow visits to Canada, some do not!!
Hope someone can help. Flying with virgin atlantic to New York in September.

Few questions, firstly does anyone know of any over the counter remedies for nerves, am excited to be going but really petrified havent flown for two years and was not a good flyer then. Tried Kalms etc need strong stuff but not sure if i want to go to the docs for Valium.

Second, travelling from New York to Niagara Falls, anyone know of the best route to take, want to incorporate a small place called Paterson, not the one in New Jersey, thats spelt with two T's i think.

En route would like to stop at either a good shopping Mall or a place of interest if anyone can suggest anything.

Also want a luxury hotel with a room overlooking the falls, trip is to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary so want it to be special.

Hope someone can help.

Helen
I think you asked all the same questions a while back in your thread "Driving from New York to Niagara"- the replies are all still on this site.

Which Paterson are you referring to if not Paterson NJ?
Merged with existing topic in which members have already taken the time to assist although you don't seem to have replied :wink:

For info regarding the fear of flying please post further questions in the dedicated topic HERE.

Pippy :D
In replies for original post the answers were relating to Paterson, New Jersey which is not the Patterson i want to go to.

Its the Patterson, at Putnam County.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.