Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
That's a long journey!

Since nobody else has replied, I'll have a go....but I'm not sure I'll be much use!

I used to go camping round Europe a lot with my parents - but it was 30-40 years ago :shock: I have got an old Caravan Club map, but I expec t the roads have changed a bit!

I guess you'd start Zeebrugge, Brussels, Liege, then there seem to be several different routes. I think the most important decision for you is where to cross the Alps. Have you tried a route finder e.g. RAC?

We never did the journey in 2 days, but took 3 or 4 so as to see some sights on the way. Also the mountain passes aren't as fast as a motorway, but a great experience!

I do hope somebody else with recent experience of driving across Europe replies :)
irene

since nobody else has replied, I suggest you post this question again in the "France and Channel Hopping" forum, because there might be several drivers looking at it even if they don't go camping!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.