Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
* UPDATE *

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I received a reply from the hotel today. Took 2 days but we eventually got a reply.
Their solution is to offer us the same rooms in another of their hotels. The problem is the hotel is In port d'alcudia which is 67km from where we originally booked. Getting our 2 bed apartment even 67 km away is a positive except for 3 things.

1. We have already booked and paid for return airport transfers to viva palmanova

2. We have booked and paid for 2 x adult VIP captains table tickets for the pirates show magaluf

3. We have booked entry and paid for marineland portals nous for the family.

If we go to port d'alcudia we are 67km away from our pre booked activites and we also planned on going to katmandu as its right beside viva palmanova. If we go to viva tropics hotel we will have to hire a 7 seater as there are 4 adults and 2 children and we will have a hours drive each eay every time we go to a activity. I really feel hotels viva group do not appreciate or fully understand the situation they have put us in and I have replies the above problems if we change hotels. I hope they can come to a suitable solution as we are starting to get fed up and from being delighted to go away on holidays we are stressed with the whole situation now and has put a serious damper on the whole holiday.
* another update *

Hotels viva emailed me today to say our original booking in viva palmanova remains so we have our 2 bed apartment again !!!! Couldn't be happier as the last 5 days have been pure stress. Thank god we got our original booking and didn't have to move 70 kms to a different hotel in different area. I asked viva would they keep their offer of free breakfasts for the duration of holiday for the stress they caused but they offered either 1 x free breakfast for family or 1 x evening buffet meal for family. Not a great offer in my opinion for all the stress but just grateful to get our 2 bed apartment and 10 nights of sleeping.
So basically you've got your original room / booking back and I guess someone else has been " offered " the move they suggested to you ! Hopefully everyone is happy , the free breakfast offer was with the inconvenience of having to move , and getting a 1x free meal compensation due to stress is reasonable in the whole scheme of things . ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.