Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
The easiest way to Venice from Jesolo is by the regular bus service to Punta Sabbioni. The bus stops at the ferry terminal and you will then have a wonderful 40 minute ferry across the Lagoon to Venice. That's the way I saw the City the first time and I've loved it ever since.
I would suggest train from Venice (or there may be a branch line from Lido di Jesolo to Venice) to Verona and Florence (Firenze) (different lines!). No need to worry about parking the car, and usually close to the centre in both cases. Would suggest that you reserve seats so that you can actually sit and enjoy the view!
I have been going to Lido di Jesolo since 1996 - the Punta Sabbioni route is by far the most popular but unless you don't go very early in the morning it can be like cattle being on the boat and travelling on the jam packed full buses to and from Punta Sabbioni is not much fun either - I have nearly fainted before. Other routes I have taken include the coach which goes to the airport, and then goes to mestre, then where it terminates in venice is a large coach station and you just go over the bridge and you are in venice, but it is a walk from there to st marks square etc, but half of the fun is walking in the backstreets etc. This route is about the same time, if not quicker than the punta sabbioni, if not a little quicker.

Train to Verona is very quick but the other option is hiring a car, particulatly good fun if you want to see the lakes as well. We have used the car rental place near the old bus station at Piazza Drago and that was good value.

Any other questions ref. Lido di Jesolo i am happy to answer.
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I will print out the information and keep it safe.

Beccasutb- my only concern about Lido Di Jesolo is that its really touristy and theres no winding back streets or wine bars like Sorrento, which we enjoyed immensely, what actually is the resort like?

Julia
hi we to are thinking of going to cesare augustus hotel but i have never been to italy before would apreciate any info also would it be easy to go from the hotel to lake garda and how far approx is it thanks julie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.