France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Regret I haven't been to either, but have heard that prices are high and you definitely need to book in advance! Both probably have websites, but I recommend you also look at the Tour d'Argent overlooking the Seine - known for its VIP guests and its duck dishes. Why not have a look in the Red Michelin Guide for other ideas .... and bon appetit!
I know that some of the cruise boats on the Seine do dinner cruises...never been on one but they looked good, maybe another way to eat and see paris
That sounds really nice, and was hoping to do both now, and combine one of them with a show, preferably the Moulin Rouge if anyone's been to see that??
Still keen on this so if anyone can tell me, or tell me of a website that I can find out the Jules Verne's prices (i think they have a set menu) please let me know!! Ive feel like Ive searched everywhere!!
Been to the Moulin Rouge and its is very good, i even got dragged up onto the stage during the show :shock: , we went to teh 11pm show and ate out before hand , just i have been to eat there before and to be honest the food at a lot of restaraunts is better , as was mentioned Tour D'Argent is great and also as was metioned the meal;s at teh ET restaraunts are very expensive , the same as teh Moulin Rouge with meal ,

i would suggest finding a website with or tel number on here http://www.paris.org/Restaurants/ or here http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=paris@117&cur_section=din a couple i have tried are la couple , Brasserie Flo , bofinger and petit bofinger and also the alcazar which is a conran place , all are good and have reasonable menus and are reasonable priced , they can get busy thou as they are tour ops favs , but as you dont want to break the bank one of them , teh moulin rouge show only will cost teh same as a meal in the ET

hope this helps
there is no website i can find for the Jules verne but here is a panoramic view and some details of the place http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk/pratique/resto/page/jules_verne.html and in the commenst they dont seem to mention a Menu du jour but the prices of starters start at €30 and mains at €60 so will give you a rough guide
Thanks for the info :)
Were now hoping to combine a seine dinner cruise with either the Moulin Rouge or Lido show :) and still have our heart set on one of the Eiffel Tower restaurants :) Ive heard apparently the Altitude 95 restaurant isnt as good food or service wise as the JV, but is cheaper?!?!
I have just taken my wife here for her birthday. We found it the most fantastic experience - to call it a meal just does not do it justice. We went for lunch and opted for the set menu at 55 Euros each as it seemed the most economical way of enjoying the experience. The food was out of this world....I cannot really say any more than that. We spent 3 hours over lunch and the total cost was 205 Euro, which included a glass of Champagne, water and a decent bottle of red. Not cheap I admit, but one of lifes must-do experiences. Evening wouild be great, but I would budget on twice the cost (at least).

We booked 2 months in advance and got a window seat - we could not get an evening reservation until 2006!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.