Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We have been to Mexico several times in September. We had a few bouts of rain, but not for long and not heavy - we didnt even get out of the pool.!
When they say sleeved shirts they mean t-shirts, polo shirts etc not vests.
Hi Denny,

thanks for the reply! I guess there's not an awful lot you can do about the weather, but it's put our minds to rest a bit knowing that is it possible to get some decent weather! So thanks for that and also thanks for the heads up on the dress code, that sounds a bit more relaxed!

Dan
Hi Dan, I am going to this resort in December and can't wait.
If you are on Facebook their is a group for the resort it will give you all the information you want and if not someone will come along and answer it for you. It's a nice site! :)
been to mexico twice 06 +08 both sept weather been lovely the odd shower 20 mins that's it as for dress code hubby was wearing black trousers and a nice t shirt without collar and he was asked to change it as long as its got a collar on I think its ok but this was in one of the speciality restaurants I think they are more relaxed in the buffet one have a fab holiday and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding :cheers
You are in the middle of tropical storm/hurricane season and will likely have very hot and humid weather. Typically, as the day goes along, the heat gets oppressive, clouds form, the skies get black, it pours with torrential rain, then it's all over and the sun comes back out but it has relieved the humidity a bit. This doesn't happen every day, but it's a regular cycle...
wakewatcher - that has never been my experience during my several visits to Mexico in September. A few gentle showers never had torrential rain!
Been to EDSS 3 times fab resort, been twice in September some rain short sharp showers.
The dress code for men trousers and collared shirts, it's not over the top but smart, you will love it any questions feel free to ask!
I went to the EDSS about 5 years ago and it was fab then. All restaurants are Al a carte and for the evening men need to wear trousers and collared tops either polo or shirts and they were very strict about this, which I thought was great.

When we went, we had the tail end of a hurricane and it rained for about 12 hours and I mean rain. We lost power to the whole hotel but the next day fabulous sunshine. If you are prone to nat bits, as I am, make sure you take something with you because you are surrounded by jungle and you will get bitten to pieces.
Thanks for all the replies, didn't expect to get so many!

@Travelmam67 - Thank you, I'll definitely check it out

Going back to the dress code, when you say trousers, does this include smart jeans, chinos and the like or are we talking along the lines of formal trousers, such as the type you'd wear with a shirt and tie, i.e. your basic office job attire?

Again you've given me more confidence in the weather, but you've just got to take it as it comes I guess!

Also @MAZ1406 good call on the insect repellent - definitely would have forgotten about that!

Thanks,

Dan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.