Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Glen its still the round pin Plugs.

But to put things right and avoid confusion for others Turkey is 220v NOT 110V.
Hi Glen, What do you mean by the plug fits straight up and down? I have the standard continental adapter (with round pins) which I know I will be able to use in Turkey this year after reading this thread but I am worried about what you mean regarding the new ones that fit straight up and down as we also have a visit to France planned later this year where I have always been able to use the round pin ones?
Not sure where exactly is using them but if you look at some of the new adaptors available rather than the old round plug the new one is oblong up and down with two pins. I was in France last year and nothing had changed there at that time.
In Turkey you will need an adapter which has two round pins at the back and a three pin slot at the front to take standard three pin square plugs which are on most uk appliances .The power is 220/240 volts.

Bluepeterno1
I always take an adapter and a multiplug (6) and plug that in.
Thats a good idea Kilda, you do mean one of those foreign extensions don't you? Like the ones we use hear but they have 2 pins? or do you take a British extension with a 2 pin adapter?
We always take a British 4 socket extension, and plug that in using 2 pin adapter.

I wouldn't advise using Iron, kettle, and hair drier/tongs at same time.(I know, you only have two hands) but you know what I mean. ;) ;)
You can also get lots of tips from the hints & tips forum, at bottom of forum list.

baz.
Hi Glen,

Don't worry about the plug adaptors - probably every small supermarket sell them in Turkey - and they're only about 1 lira - much cheaper than over here. I've got about 10 of the things! :)

Strawberry
You know i`ve never thought about getting them over there :rofl

Always just take a couple with me :duh
you know when we were in Spain last year we were all over in the bigger supermarkets etc and couldn't for the life of us find a British adapter, makes you wonder what they do when they come over here dosn't it?? We ended up buying a whole new electric toothbrush with 2 pins already on it because I had forgot to take the adapter but we had all the toothbrushes to fit with us so didn't want to buy replacement ones if you follow!!! At leas t I won't worry if they are that easy to find in Turkey ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.