Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
English radio?
5 Posts
Depends what you mean by English radio. If you have a good quality short wave you can get the the BBC World Service. There are some good music stations that broadcast in English and Spanish, Ibiza Global Radio is my favourite. Sonica is good too. If you are after Capitol or Radios 1 thru 4 then without internet access or SKY you can forget it.
Sorry didn't mean English as at home but sonething like Onde Cero or Rem fm that you get on the mainland.

Katy
As someone else said the BBC World service can be got on short wave. On a good day you might also pick up Radio 4 on long wave (198 metres) so you could get Test match Special. Unfortunatly most UK radio stations broadcast on VHF (FM) which means that reception close to the transmitter is good but put a hill in the way, go through a tunnel or go over the horizon and the signal dies. That's science for you!
thanks Hi de Hi

Obviously Ibiza doesn't have a local radio station for brits and Onde Cero doesn't reach it, not a problem, just nice to have something to listen to that's not spanish when you're in your apartment for an hour or so. Good weather, cheap wine and lovely views more than make up for it!!

Katy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.