Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hello Tracy. Entre Naranjas is a very new development of almost excusively quad houses. When I was there a few weeks ago there were only houses - no bars shops or anything else. There is nothing at all within walking distance and the nearest towns with shops bars etc are Los Montesinos (heading towards the coast) and San Miguel (heading south), both about 5 mins drive. Torrevieja is 10 minutes the other side of Los M. For beaches, equidistant from Torre. is Guardamar, a typically Spanish resort with everything you could want in a compact area. Inland is Orihuela a lovely old town - search for Orihuela Online. From there you can take a train to Elche (Elx) and Alicante or south to Murcia, all worth visiting. If you want Britishes voices around you make for Torrevieja or the nearby Cuidad Quesada. If not there are countless towns and villages a short drive from Naranjas where you will rarely hear one.
Don't be put off by alarmist reports of crime and enjoy your holiday.
Our house is between Dolores/Catral so if you want further info send me a PM.
Bien viaje. Jim
Hi Jim

Thanks for the info. I know there's nothing within walking distance but that won't bother me as I want peace & quiet for a nice break away from all the hustle & bustle of town life. Not had chance to look up Orihuela yet but it I certainly will do. Better get learning my Spanish by the sound of things. :)

Tracy
Does anyone know if there are any mobile shops that travel the area for bread & fruit etc for breakfast or do you have to get everything you need from a supermarket in the nearest town ?

Thanks
I have just come back from a 3 week stay at Entre Naranjos and I had a fabulous time!

It's a great place to stay if you want to chill, meet nice people or to be in a central location to visit various places - beach (10/15 mins away), Spanish towns (5 mins away), golf courses (5 mins away) and many other places, such as lively Torrevieja.

There are 2 bars/restaurants at Vista Bella, which is within walking distance - 30 mins along the canal. A bread/pastry man visits daily and a wine/water man visits weekly.

San Miguel and Los Montesinos are the 2 nearest Spanish towns (6/7 kms). Both these towns have shops, bars and good restaurants. Also weekly markets, where the goods are varied and very cheap.

There is a lot more to do than I have stated, especially if you travel further a field. So have a fabulous time - I know you will.

Regards

Cathy
Thanks Cath , thats really useful :D
Thanks for your reply Cathy. I don't feel as bad now and I'm quite looking forward to my holiday.

Tracy
A reply to the young lady that was enquiring about the same. I bought a place at Entre Naranjas 2 years ago, I love the place, it is quiet and peaceful, unlike some, but it isnt far to lots of bars and pubs. It could do with a pub thats nearer though.

Edited to remove personal address details, which should not be posted openly in the forum
David HT Mod
:D Hello everyone - I have holidayed twice now at Entre-Naranjos and enjoy it there very much - my boyfriends parents bought a top floor bungalow within the urbanisation and we are looking forward to returning again this year. For all those who love the peace and quiet, nice views, a comfortable stay and clean air, this is a great location. A car is essential though to get to and around the shopping, golf, beaches and restaurants which are all within a quick drive of Entre-Naranjos. For anyone looking for more information, here's a good site http://www.entre-naranjos.info
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.