Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
1st week in October should just catch the tail end of the season before a lot of places start to wind down - Usually a lot of sales & things going on to get rid of stock etc.

From past experience I've found it better to hire a car from one of the "name" companies to ensure all insurances etc are in place (never quite sure with some of the smaller companies) Advantage is, at that time of year you should be able to negotiate a reasonable upgrade to a better model.
15 k is not much.by the time you bring goodies back.if just staying for one week.take less stuff.and throw way unwanted goods.you must be on a late deal for 15k.dont forget 5k in hand ok.
you must be on a late deal for 15kg[

This is Thomas Cook's normal allowance, say you were to go and book now for next year your allocated allowance with TC is only 15kg, you have to pay £15pp to increase to 20kg pp, any way to make a few extra pounds :evil:
wow strange that.i flyed with them only last year.and i got 20k..mine you flight only.must of just brought it in.

i done a 2 weeks hols on 15k.but hard have to really mix n match stuff.and brought 4 k of stuff back with me..never again..ok for a week.
TC use other airlines on certain routes who automatically give 20kgs AND free meals but TC charge extra for these which I think is wrong.Sun Express is one of these airlines they use on their Turkish holidays.It may be worth checking which airline you are travelling with although Swiss Port, their check in agent at UK airports are quite strict.Another alternative is use one of those large soft bags on wheels which are a few kgs lighter than a normal suitcase,especially a trolley case.
seems like they going the way lowcost airlines are doing..adding all the bits on..i only weigh 11 stone..not fair really.next guy may be 20 stone= charge him.

what i am getting at is.they have worked out ave bags to 15..but what is ave guys weights?

but then you can buy all you like at airport duty shop.

strange
I think the time has come when we all need to stand on the scales at check in with our cases!.I think this has been done somewhere but cant remember which HT member posted about it!
most hotel do have scales.for the sake of a euro worth it.buts it not fair on old people.who just put stuff in case.and then get charged extra.thats just going out.i have seen that happen many times.and its not cheap.
:D Thanks for all your replies,
Hope Scoop is right and the sales are on, I will definately take the extra 5kgs pp. Shame TC are the only tour operators doing 15 kgs but lesson learnt will avoid them next time if there is one. Last time I flew you could take as much as you wanted, but as this is our first holiday abroad for 20 years things have changed a fair bit since then.

Sorry we can't all be ultra slim and 11stone, Iv'e done my bit for the carbon footprint, and earned my little bit of extra weight, I hopefully am going to enjoy every minute, and look forward to seeing Ibiza again. You never know we may even do it again, (Can't leave it to the kids to have all the fun).
Hi We flew with Thomas Cook in June to Ibiza on a late deal we paid for extra baggage allowance. Going out we was well under weight 16kg in one case 17kg in other. Coming back they said one case weighted 25kg the other 28kg got stung 100 euro`s. Speaking to a lot of people on the flight and just about everyone had got charged for excess baggage. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.