Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi, We went 2 years ago BRILLIANT! good nightlife and things to see during the day. we went as a group of 10 guys. We had been to Prague the year before and i must say that prague is a better place but Tallin is very very good, Wrap up though, we went in Febuary and at night it dropped as low as -16!
Hi, Going to Tallinn in June, do they take $$$ and Euros in most shops?
Hi! We went to Tallinn at Easter for 4 days. This was just about right. It wasn't much warmer than around 10 degrees and went down to around - 10 at night - but it stayed dry. Lovely weather for sightseeing while wrapped up warm.A beautiful place but not as big as Prague. It is basically divided into the Old and New Town. Cobbled streets and chic boutiques in the old part and a large indoor shopping complex in the new part. Euros were accepted everywhere although we found the Kroon rate better. Nightlife is mostly restaurant based with a couple of Irish pubs thrown in. The food is fantastic. We found prices similar to where we live ( depends which part of the country you're from). Quite a few Irish people live there. there is a ferry which crosses in 3 hours to Riga if you fancy a change. If you have any other questions I will be glad to answer them.
Hope the weather is a bit better in June and look forward to going.
Thanks for replys
Hi James! The beer keller is good for a drink & snack at lunchtine - it gets very busy at night. Also there's nothing much about the food in the 2 Irish pubs but the beer's good and if you're into sports they have Sky.
Just got back from a cruise and 1 day was not long enough to stay in Tallinn so must go back its a great place
Glad you liked it James. Around 3 or 4 days would be just about right in my opinion. Plenty of cheap flights with Easyjet & the hotels are reasonable too.
I did eventually go, at the end of Janurary.

Thouroughly enjoyed the city and it had one of the nicest old town squares ive visited especially in the snow..

Boy, was it cold -13, but that added to the charm

Anyone wanting answers then please feel free to ask
I have lived in Tallinn for some time. A wonderful city! Highly recommended. The old town is lovely. People are lovely yet reserved. If coming to Estonia, don't miss the countryside. A visit to Saaremaa island is a must! However, Estonia has changed a lot since the times of Soviet Union. So don't search for any nostalgia there...
Tallinn is a lovely place! AND they have a little something special: Depeche mode pub8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.