Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
They say they have closed all airports and ports.....
  • Edited by scully27 2009-07-30 15:32:18
a car bomb went off in Palma nOva - a policman has died and the place is on lockdown

the airport and docks have also been closed down for now

my heart goes out to the policemans family adn to anyone else who was hurt
Yes, according to the news the island is in lock-down. Airport and sea-ports closed.
Foreign Office travel advice can be read here. They have updated it since the bombing. They may well update again so best to keep checking if you are concerned.
From what I can decipher out of the TVE broadcasts I think they aim to reopen the airport by 10pm CET

Reports of a second package are being reported too
My condolences to the families of those who died.

Does anyone know whereabouts in Palma Nova this is?
It's on C/Na Boira I believe, well thats what CNN are saying

Palma Airport now reopen too
This is awful news. Condolences to the families of those killed.
I also heard on this evening's news that 2 flights on route from the Uk had to turn around and fly back to Gatwick.
Deepest sympathies to the families involved. 4 people from our village were to have flown to Palma to join a cruise ship today, but I think they were flying from Cardiff. What a start to a holiday
very sad news i am so sorry for all the people concerned. we just returned from cala bona last week . :(
Looked at photos today. It was right outside the big post office area where there is a few shops next to private apartment.
Didn't look at the date - just the topic and held my breath because I thought it had happened again.
Such a tragedy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.