Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi laingy ... I believe their full name is European Aviation Air Charter Limited, more commonly known as European Aviation, and they are based at Bournemouth. While you wait for some personal feedback, you can have a look at their website HERE.

David :wave
thanks david,shall look forward to that,hopefully shall get some feed back,bit worried,nervously been flying for years ,only short haul though,even did dandair(dan-air)years ago which was a storey in itself!!!
thanks again
laingy
European are a nice small airline based in Bournemouth. The aircraft are a little old but nice inside. great crews good service.

Check out any palmair review sites the fly for them and always get voted highly as one of the best airlines in the world.

No IFE so a book or conversation required.

Nothing to worry about.

Kind Regards
Stewart
I am sure that ages ago on HT there was a thread on EAS?

Not heard much about them these days - nor for that matter seen them around the bazzars used to fly Boeing 737 200 series and had a B747 or so ex BA that have now been broken up.

Nivsy
European Aircharter operate a fleet of 5 Boeing 737-200 aircraft, varying between 26 & 34 years old. The aircraft are very very well maintained and the company is very professionally run.

High standards of on-board service can be expected.

They supply aircraft to other airlines such as Thomsonfly, Thomas Cook etc. when their aircraft have technical problems and also provide charter capacity to tour operators.

All their staff seem to have an old fashioned courtesy and I would be happy to fly with them.

Mark
cheers all and especially mark you have made me feel alot more confident flying with them.i shallpost when we get back to let you all no how i got on and what i thought of them as there seems to be a lack of interest and information on this and any other site for that matter.glad your all here for us!!!!
cheers again
karen
Karen, looking forward to your review. I have happy memories of using Bournemouth airport, and am sure that this company will only add to the quality of your holiday. Have a great time.
hi al,well got back lastnight from corfu and the worry of flying with european airlines was totally uncalled for.they were brill,panicked terible though when i saw how small it was(popped a couple of extra tabs)hehe.about 120 onboard,lovely comfy,spacious seats.staff great,and the biggest thing of al was the 6 of us could of paid for inflight meals with olympic which were expensive so took them off and low and behold everyone got a meal anyway even on the return journey,so what a bargain.would of been well p.... off if had paid for them.only slight downside was on the way home we had to stop in italy to refuel which i found very strange.no idea why,the only thing i can think is that a smaller plane,smaller fuel tank,wind against us,so maybe thats why,as we never did that on the way out there.anyway highly recomend them to anyone.AND for a very nervous flyer,the best take off and landing ive ever had,even comparing the bigger planes,no tears at all this time.!!!!!
cheers laingy
laingy,

You had to stop for fuel because the aircraft you were flying on, a Boeing 737-229/ADV is pretty old (34 years) and doesn't have the range to make the flight back non-stop when the winds are strong from the west, like they have been for the last few days. You'll have had a nice tail wind on your outbound flight so no need to stop. They are great aircraft, just very thirsty compared to thier more modern, younger sisters.

Darren
There is some information going around that European Air Charter has gone bust.

This at the moment cannot be substantiated but rumour is rife. Anyone with latest information?

Nivsy
Sadly, media reports today confirm that the company is in administration ... click here.

Yes, it seems that page on the Bournemouth Echo website is no longer working. They now have a follow up story here:
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/search/3940766.Down_to_earth_with_a_bump/

If that also fails, try entering European Aviation in the Search box at http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/

Bournemouth based Palmair have moved quickly to fill the gap caused by European Aviations demise
and are currently using Jet2 Aircraft as replacement.
Palmair were under the European Barrier.

However Flyglobespan has stepped in to "rescue" Palmair supplying crew and a Boeing 737 600 series.

Rumour is the G-CDKT is already being painted in Palmair scheme.

Nivsy
Latest from Palmair - (Off to Tenerife Boxing Day) is that the Aircraft for my Flight will
be provided by Jet2 and this confirmed by a Flight Code prefix of LS****

The normal in-flight service provide by Palmair also remains unaffected
Jet 2 will provide the service until end of March 2009 then Globespan take over.

Hey have a nice Xmas and good flight on boxing day...enjoy the sun.

nIVSY
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.