Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
l thought turkey was a part of europe. They except the euro and qualify in all sport competions in europe.Does not make sense to me :think
Turkey are not part of the EU and only a very small portion of Turkey is classed as Europe, the majority of it is in Asia.
I asked the same question a while ago on another forum. Thought it worth mentioning that Ive read a few posts on this (and other) forums where people have been caught out in the local hospitals and have had to pay up front for their treatment which is very expensive so make sure you have adequate travel Insurance just in case. Some hospitals need to see your documentation and others insist you pay up front then claim it back off your insurance later.
l have travel insurance so no problem there and will be taking all documents with me but what happens if you have to go to a local hospital and as you have said some may insist you pay up front and claim off you insurance later...But you do not have the money they want :think
Well as you havent gone yet, Look for travel insurance you dont have to pay upfront for treatment.
Well as you havent gone yet, Look for travel insurance you dont have to pay upfront for treatment.
...........................................................................................
how do you know which travel insurance do this, l have never seen it when l look on line at them..
Im not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that you can pay an excess so that if anything happens you dont need to pay up front. I will PM you if i find out anything as ive got a feeling it was on another forum and i dont think im allowed to mention it on here.
Hi
I had to have my appendix out in Turkey a few years ago and it was a good job I had good travel insurance. I didn't have to pay up front though! Any consolation the hospital was fantastic and the medical attention you get is second to none!
When my son had an accident in Turkey last year, he was taken to hospital. The first thing they did was take his passport off him. He didn't get it back until he paid £540 upfront....... Luckily I had my credit card and paid on that.! We did get all the money back off the insurance though - less the excess of course.... Denny
It was a few years ago when I went so perhaps things have changed, and I would have died without the op as there were complications so maybe that made a difference, who knows. Let's just hope it isn't necessary to need the money for anything but having a good holiday lol.
we've just come back from Turkey & while out there my son whos 6, split his chin open, i was told by the FC rep that i would have to pay £50 to see the hotel doctor, i had travel insurance but only the silver option (was very cheap) she told me that if i'd got 'gold' insurance i wouldn't have had to pay anything.
taught me to get good travel insurance, not the cheapest!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.