Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Egypt is not 3 hours ahead of UK.....its never more than 2, sometimes 1.

However, outward flight to Egypt take about 5.5 hours.

The return to Uk is always an hour longer, due to prevailaing winds and theroute threy take back to UK.. So sometimes its 6 hours, sometimes longer..... Always has been!

If you get stuck on the tarmac at Sharm it can be 8 hours before you land in UK! I know because it happened to me last Summer.

Are you sure your flight is direct, and doesn't stop in the uK to pick up more passengers.. eg Thomson do this with Newcastle-Bristol-Antalya!
just a thought... you haven't said when the flights are for, are you travelling when the UK locks go BACK by 1 hour???

Egypt time changes at 12.00 midnight on 28 September(just before 29th), so it will be 11.00pm at 12.01!
no we're flyin on wednesday 28th june and its a direct flight! i read that egypt is 3 hours ahead during months april to sept, when clocks change, and 2 hours ahead all other times! must be a wrong info on the web! oh well... looks like its a long flight home! not happy bout that, wish id realised b4 xxx
The time difference is either 1 or 2 hours depending on time of year, never 3.

We have never had a 6 hour flight home from Taba with Excel before. The quickest we've got back to Gatwick is 4 hrs 35 mins.
Went to Egypt earlier this month and can confirm it's 2 hours ahead.
it ws obviously just a website i couldnt rely on... works out better that way anyway coz it means our return flight is only 5hrs 50 mins... still tho... i never realised that it would take that long... thot flights were usually 4-5 hrs! oh well! thanks for everyones help!
just make sure you keep some of your book or a magazine for the return journey, and stock up on drinks snacks before you leave the resort.

Sometimes the airport is busy, so you don't have time to stop.

Also, your tour operator (unless your a flight only) will get you to the airport 3 hours before take off time as its slow in the airport....

If you are flight only, don't leave it until the last minute, like I did, at 100 mins to go, I was the last passenger to check in, and had to join the Gate queue straight away.......make sure you allow 2.5 hours!!!!
Perfume

Do you mean Taba airport is busy or Sharm airport.

Ola
we were extremely quick in sharm airport, not as bad as people make out atall, in fact, we refused the transfer as it would have been alot if hanging around, we got a taxi for 3LE from Naama Bay and got there around 1.5 hour before, we checked, had a coffee then boarded the plane with no hanging around. Never will book a transfer again.
we got a taxi for 3LE from Naama Bay

Do you mean 30LE?
yes sorry 30LE. Get a price before you get in though, and make sure you get clarification of the price (eg LE or £)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.