Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
exchange rates
13 Posts
Hi just got back today exchange rate only 111euros to the pound
thank you for that just what we didnt want to hear but we will grin and bear it we are on holiday after all cathy: :really
If you have a VISA debit card the rate is 1.17 today so it might be worth using the ATMs even if you have to pay a fee. Obviously take a large amount at a time to minimise fees. HBOS charge £1.50 a time for instance.

If you're lucky enough to have a Nationwide one you won't pay any fees.
Hi on our last day i decided to get an extra 40euros with my debit card just to make sure we had enough for last minute things and for airport the cash machine only gave a rate of just under 90cents to the pound wish i had never bothered because we did not need it we still had pleanty. Did buy some perfume on my debit card and got 113 in the shop should have asked if they did cash back lol.
thanks for that i certainly do have a nationwide card so will just draw money out when we arrive in july when we were there i got 1 26 with my nationwide card no fees great
Never let an ATM or shop/restaurant convert to GBP, always pay in Euros, otherwise you get the Spanish bank's rate, which is always less than a UK bank.
would i be better paying for the apartment we are staying in with euros or gbp think i might be off topic sorry if i am
Depends on who you're paying. If it's a UK company pay in Sterling. If you'e paying in the resort pay in Euros.
arriving tomorrow and need some help the person we rented the apartment from wants the balance paid in euros so my problem is how do we work out the going rate one couple owe 246 gbp one person owes 320 gbp and i owe 190 gbp can any one help me work it out in euros many thanks cathy
Hi Cathy, at todays rates:-

£246 = 294€
£320 = 382€
£190 = 227€

Have a fab holiday........ :sun2 :cheers Linda.
hi linda thank you so much for your help and i will have a brill holiday once again thank you cathy ;)
Pay them using whatever is the local tourist rate on Lanzarote at the time, it's sure to be lower. Remember a lower exchange rate will suit you if you're converting GBP to Euros and not the other way round.

For example, if the local tourist rate is 1.15 then you should pay

£246 = 283€
£320 = 368€
£190 = 218€

That's 36€ in your pockets, enough for a few drinks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.