Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I wouldn't like to confirm for definite, but last year there were a couple of kiosks on the front where you could sign up for trips. I'm not sure if they were just the glass bottom boat ones though, which leave from various places including Cala Millor, Cala Bona, Cala Rajada etc....

Louise
Thanks Louise,

yes I remember those too, and i think your right they were all boat trips which is great as we will no doubt go on those. I just cant remember seeing any travel shops as such although I have this vague memory of maybe a german one in Cala Millor?

Tony
Toscana Tours might run excursions from Cala Millor, watch out for 'blanket trips' though
with a 2 hour sales presentation. If you don't mind presentation (or can sleep through it!)the Soller train/boat excursion is only about €18
Thanks JollyPostie,
I remember those brochures so maybe they were who I was thinking of in Cala Millor? We have done a blanket tour and although the trip was good the presentation was boring!!!!!!! But hey if it's 18 Euros compared to say 35 plus Euros with thomsons then it could be worth it?
Tony
Over the years I've taken the kids on excursions from Cala Bona to the Waterpark at Arenal several times. A couple of times I booked from a kiosk near Beachboys Bar on the seafront (I think it was actually a car hire place but my memory could be playing tricks :think ) - the last time a couple of years ago - Carolina at the Hotel Moreyo booked the trip for me but it was the same company. They were a lot cheaper than the Thomson's equivalent and they did the more 'scenic' excursions too. I would ask at your hotel reception if they book independent excursions.
Thanks Tippi,
All this talk about trips I cannot wait for June to get here!! All this snow justs makes me long for the sunshine of mallorca or as Harry Secombe (for those who remember him!) used to say Doctor Mallorca!! How true, the best dose of medicine ever.
Tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.