Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It was talked about quite a lot when I was there in April.

Good idea I think for us, but it seems to have come about because the weather is better longer, so a lot of the Goans are worried about water shortages.

Alan
Another month would be a great idea :D The weather still seems fine at the moment and there is no rain YET.
Anyway roll on November til we get back to Goa
Hi

It would be a good idea to extend the season to start earlier and finish later.

The problem is that Tour ops summer season runs from May until end October and winter from November until end April and flights are allocated for the full season. So from the 1st of May the planes that operate Goa are commited to another destination for the full summer season. This makes it unlikely that they will ever be able to extend the season.

I know that Monach start in October but they don't always use a large plane for the Goa route like the other operators do.
I think its called supply and demand :shrug I'm sure if the demand was there they would get a few more planes or some of the schedule flights to Mumbi might switch to charter they are always looking for a few bob more and it would only take one to start the ball rolling :wink: so it could happen.
I agree there is little likelihood of the charters running on during may, however there is loads of scheduled flights now and in May you should be able to get a good deal, also the Hotels and guest houses are still open and as they are catering for mostly domestic tourists the price you can get accomodation, will be much cheaper than during the season. A cautionary point however it can be very high humidity and A.C. would be a must and a lot of the bog standard places only have a fan, also the sea can be getting very rough at this time of the year just pre monsoon, which usually arrives early June Alan
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think its called supply and demand I'm sure if the demand was there they would get a few more planes or some of the schedule flights to Mumbi might switch to charter they are always looking for a few bob more and it would only take one to start the ball rolling so it could happen.

yes it is called supply and demand! we were studying it in an economicd lecture at university and the topic of flights was brought up. im sure if more people asked for holidays out of season then the demand would be there, therefore resulting in tour operators to cash in on this.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.