Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
unless you have a strong pair of binoculars then a land trip in my opinion would be best, as the boats cannot get very close to Veroshia [the part of Ammochochstos {Famagusta} which is a ghost town] due to the UN exclusion zone

yasus
wizard
The Red Bus Tour do the village tour which takes you near to Varosha so you can see it in the distance (the bus has some binoculas on it)..

But they also do a proper trip (passports and prebooking needed) that takes you into the North for a close up look ! (not done this one so can't comment but if the other trip is anything to go off, this would be my first choice)

Steve
Thanks very much, seeing the place as best I can is high up on the to do lists so I will go for the second option I think.
We haven't been on the Red Tour Bus, but I took some pictures a couple of years ago around Varosha
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/Pubdog/famagusta/
We did the 2 hour red bus village tour and the ghost town is so far in the distance even with the binoculars its hard to see much. I heard that they also did a tour that went up closer, so that seems the best option! Also the travel agencies all do a 'half-day jeep safari' where it stops for around 20 mins on the actual beach right in front of the deserted hotels (apparantly this is the closest you will get so i heard). Its not a wild jeep safari (like the ones ive done in Turkey), but just a normal ride. Can't remember where else it takes you or how much it was, but its another option you could look into when you get there! :tup

Malita! ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.