Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Book flights with Ryanair to Reus from Luton/Stansted/Liverpool

Stay at the Sol Costa Daurada book with Winter Sunshine Holidays only two minutes from the theme park. This hotel is excellent value for money never mind some of the reviews, you get what you pay for.

Good Luck enjoy!
make sure you buy your Port Aventura tickets before you go. I got my from Keith Prowse tickets, or you can get them from Port Aventura's website.

We paid just over £50 per person (adults) for a two week pass. The time of year you will be going is when I went - during the week you'll pretty much have the park to yourself most of the time, and on Saturday nights its still open until Midnight, even in October.

So if the weather isnt great (the downside of going in October, as I found out) you can strap your ponchos on (you will need them for the water rides so you might as well use them if it rains) and get up there! Great fun!
Hi somewhere2stay.com have a good price for one of the theme park hotels.
Two adults two kids round about the £800 mark 10 days May.
You also get free admission into the theme parks and the water park.
Flights with Ryanair are about £50

Might be more in sept / oct

You would save a good bit on the theme park tickets.

p.s

I would not go to the Sol Costa Daurada.
Just my opinion
Just returned from 5 days at the Sol Costa Daurada & although the actual hotel rooms & food were ok, i would not recommend it to anyone. The public rooms were very very smokey & 90% of the clientele were French who were very noisey at nights, banging doors repeatedly @3am & reception staff threatening to call the police. It is also only a franchised hotel run by a company call F&G hotels.

Nigel
Hi lormac, a few year back we went to the mediterranean village in Cap Salou which is only about 5-10 minutes away by bus from the hustle and bustle of Salou .The hotel was very good and the the kids club was excellent.It takes about 15 minutes by bus to reach Potaventura theme park.We booked through Direct Holidays.
:D Hi we,ve been to Salou three times and stayed at theMed Village twice . it is out of town but the place is fantastic and the kids club is brilliant( my opinion). and my families, of course. Very friendly staff and helpful. You can go self-catering or half board. The food is great and loads of it. There is a supermarket on site, a pub and the entertainment is very good. day and night. The swimming pools are large and there is a
rooftop jacuzzi. also been to Cambrils park bungalows, which were lovely but you make your own entertainment, as i found not a lot to be had on site. Going this year again, to the Salauris Palace, near the theme park. H10 accomodation is very good and the Med Village and Salauris Palace is part of this group. Hope you find something and enjoy yourselves. My kids are 13 and 8 and love Salou. :D :D :D
Same as above from beermat we're for the med village for our third time this summer and would thoroughly recommend it. Perfect for families
:D
Hi lormac,last year we went to a brilliant bungalow and camping park.It's just outside salou in Spain and Ryanair fly dublin to reus which is only 10 mins in taxi or aer Lingus fly to barcelona which is an hour away.
It was our first time doing a holiday like this and it was FAB! The website is http://www.sanguli.es Have a look and see what you think.
We stayed in a bungalow and there is everything you could want on the site.There are 3 swimming pools ,crazy golf,football,tennis courts,table tennis,cinema,gym,internet room,kids club,2 supermarkets and bakeries and entertainment every night.
It is a very safe place for kids as the driving restrictions are 5mph and there is a quite policy after 12 at night.They even have security walking around and i found it great to know that you wouldn't have rowdy teenagers or adults keeping everyone awake.The entertainment finished at 12 but you could go back and sit outside your bungalow or mobile and have a drink knowing that the kids are tucked up in bed.
We have booked agin for this year and i never go back to the same place twice.
You also have Port Aventura about 10 mins away which is a great theme park.Universal Studios own it and a lot of people have said it's better than Euro Disney.
you can book directly with the campsite but they also have Haven, Keycamp etc. there but it's cheaper to go direct.
Also have a look at http://www.rollercoaster.ie and go to the discussion boards and look under Your Reviews and there is a thread there called Camping Sanguli that's been going for a year and a half now and everyone has great things to say about the place.let me know what you think. :) :) :)
Hi lormac,

I recomment the Hotel Calypso, It's a 5-10 minute walk from the beach but there are loads of facilities at the hotel. I went there 3 times aged 14, 15, & 17 with my younger brother, parents & grandparents. We booked through Thomson as a package deal & it's a Superfamily hotel so has lots of facilities for all ages. There is even a separate counter for kids in the restaurant with things like chicken nuggets, scrambled egg, chips, beans etc. I last went there 6 years ago and the rooms have been refurbished since, they started the refurbishment the last time I was there. You can also get inter-connecting rooms so you can be next door to the rest of your family.

Tickets for theme parks - buy from a local travel agent in Salou (just round the corner from Calypso) - Much cheaper than buying from the rep!

I am going to Salou again this year in June with my boyfriend. Unfortunately we could not stay at the Calypso as Thomson do not fly there from Bristol anymore.

Hope this helps, if you want any more info about Salou or the Calypso just ask. :D
hi lormac.
we have not been to salou before but have booked to go to the dorada palace hotel, from what reviews i have read this is a lovely 4* hotel caters well for familys well at least i hope so!! its worth having a look at!! we are off in the first 2 weeks of may so excited.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.