Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
14 is an awkward age.
My daughter hated being 14.
sadly she's at that age where she will be too young for Veronicas and other such places where teenagers hang around.
too young to enjoy the places you'll like.
and too old for any kids clubs.
I hope she meets another girl her own age.
That way she can at least go with you some nights and the other girls parents some nights.

I found with my girl she wanted to go out with her elder brother but he was just old enough to let off the leash and she was probably 2 years too young.

If advise is what you want, let her decide where you all go at least half the time at night time.
The Dubliner is a good mix, and Tabby off X-Factor is on there, but as it doesn't really kick in until midnight you'll have to rest up until dark.
You'll have to do a stint round Veronicas, just so she'll have a reference for future hols. rest up until dark also.

There is a Bar called The Anchor (sports bar) which is mixed age, but to be fair the kids looked bored out of their sculls at times.

There is also an area which includes Wigan Pier Yates's Linekers Tramps, etc where you may feel able to let her and a friend go in while you keep an eye on them from next door.
That will at least give her the illusion of freedom.

good luck and remember it's an awkward age so be understanding.

Karl
thanks for replying we know about 14 been a awkward age :lol: some good ideas there thanks
you have to be 18 to get into tramps, and may be asked for id. (just a note!)
she looks her age so wont be trying to get in clubs just wanted to know about family bars really thanks
Phesant plucker is a good family bar.

And Lava lounge just down the hill at the bouganville is a nice big bar
:D unfortunately whilst we were there in August, I have to say our 13 yr old was one of those kids you probably saw 'Bored out of their skull!', we never came accross any bars which really catered for kids of that age.(Unlike gran canaria, & benidorm!). We went in the pheasant plucker, and they had no kind of entertainment on - except for a fun quiz (Apparantly they hadn't had their entertainment licience renewed). We spent most of our evening's in the wakki ? (Spelling), - a few bars down from the pheasant plucker, they had a comedian on (Titch), who was ok (as far as comedians go), and at 12 o'clock they had a game of "play your cards right" for money, (Which are lad actually enjoyed entering!) :lol: !!

It could have been that we were looking in the wrong places - but for this reason alone, we wouln't return - A bored kid/teenager = equals = stressed parents! :lol:

Regards, BBB

regards, BBB
We went in the pheasant plucker, and they had no kind of entertainment on

Entertainment on every night now :)
^^^^^ yea pheasant plucker has entertainment every nite, and doing quite well
met the owner of the Plucker in Wigan Pier having a night out with his sister.
Funny where you bump into fellow scouse.
thank you for all the replies.

We are all looking forward to the holiday daughter cant wait to go to the pheasant plucker now as she loves the name :lol: .

as long as she has somewhere to dance she will (hopefully) be happy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.