Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
What's the odds on most replies coming from the women :?: :rofl :rofl
I don't believe men don't shop :lol:
Be fair Fiona, nowhere near as much as you women :roll:
I do quite a bit in the market's, but also did most of my shopping for present's from my sunbed on the beach, Did not have to move, the women on candolin beach was brillant, Did get a couple of handbags in calungute as well. forget the name of the shop.
Original Fakes on the Baga Road is fab. Christmas shopping there this November :lol:
Valley Arts for my furniture elephant shop for odds and ends, there is a brilliant fake handbag shop in Candolim but I can't remember the name, I know exactly where it is though!!!!!
Must be 2 Original Fakes now then. The original one is on the main Candolim to Calungute road opposite the Elephant shop... Or was that the fake one :rofl :rofl
Yes Alan I believe theres 2 shops. Never been in the one in Candolim tho, only the one in Baga :D
YES it is Original Fakes, I can never remember the name, its a brilliant shop, this year we had to get new cases for the cabin of the plane, as ours were far too big. I bought really lovely Gucci, and Chanel hand luggage in there, whilst we were in Heathrow airport, I went for a wander around the shops, and I found a gucci shop, there's me with my fake trailing behind me, and I found the identical case, on sale in the shop and the price was 2,800 pounds, it is scandalous how they can charge that, and if you put my fake, and the real one together you can not see the difference. Up the FAKES FOREVER :roll:
I like to do my shopping in the Towns, away from the Tourist Resorts, just because I love the atmosphere there. Here are some of my favorite shops----

Panjim
Dollar Kaju Municipal Market cashew nuts
Kalpataru for CD's
Broadway Bookstore
Bombay bazzar, Baron, for clothes
Hidesign, leather goods
A shop near Municpal Gardens for unusual tableware

Margao
Eagle Warehouse and Caro Centre ,clothes
Taj Beauty Palace ,skin care
Fallery& sons near covered market for Incense sticks
Golden Heart Emporium, books
Royal Foods, just to watch them cooking the snacks and buy a cake!
Cigi Wallah near Longuinos, place order, have a cup of chai, and he will deliver to your table.

Colva
Small bookshop near beach ,new, used, and swop a book
Mystique boutique unusual kurtas

Good thing about all these places is that if I'm feeling a bit jad'ed, I can pop into Coffee day for a reviv'ing cup of coffee.
Always have someone to carry the bags, my OH is very good at this :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.