Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hello Presto2 :wave:

Weather wise it would be a good time of year to go, not that hot that you can't do anything but warm enough to have shorts & T shirts and light clothing, during the day, it will be cooler at night requiring a jumper / cardigan.

This long topic give a lot of info on activities and excursions available from the sharm area, http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10154

Quickly I will mention just a few -
Snorkeling / Diving is a must, this can be done in one of the local bays or by going to Ras Mohamed or Tiran Island :tup

Quad Biking & Off Road Karting in the desert.

Jeep Safari.

Day trip to Cairo to see the Pyramids and the Cairo Museum (King Tut etc).

Day trip to Luxor to see Valley of the Kings/Queens, Karnak & Luxor temples.

Mount Sinai & St Catherine's Monastery.

Camel Rides.

Bedouin Show & Dinner.

Excursion To Jerusalem.

That will start you off :)

Also take a look at my post here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=137757&p=1380526&hilit=excursions#p1380526

Graham
WOW !!! :rofl

I know we'd love it ----- love ancient history and just know that Egypt would be perfect ----

Jerusalem ?? Is it that easy to do from there? We have tried to do that trip twice from Cyprus and each time we have booked it there has been awar that put a stop to it !

We have been to Cairo so Sinai would be a must ----------

Any recommendations of hotels or would that be a new topic altogether ????!! :tup
:wave:
Jerusalem is an over night trip by coach and spending the day there before returning late that night.

Hotels :think

I would recommend the Sonesta Beach Resort so will Derwentrocker (Michelle) as a good AI hotel and the only one I would go to, however, there are many hotels for you to chose from so you would be better starting a new post asking for some recommendations that would meet your specific requirements.

If you take a look through some existing post you will find a lot of good information that can start you off.

Graham

ps Some pictures of the Sonesta Beach Resort http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562328367urtotx
How odd -- have been looking at that one !!!!

Will check it out tomorrow ---

Off to dream now

:tup
I have been once for Feb half term and several times at the beginning of March and have always had good weather. If you are intending to visit the sites at Luxor or Cairo this is a far better time to travel than in the summer!

Caro
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.