Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
hi
we have travelled with siesta a couple of times to spain. yes they do allow and will sell you a can of lager or cider on the coach. we took some of the small bottles of wine on the coach are self and had them on the coach.yes you are right that it is mainly families that do travel with siesta and we have found them to be very good. :D
i went with siesta for the first tiome at christmas and found the whole trip a lot better than any of the ones with ferris for a few reasons
siesta stop at Emporda?? to finalise your return seating arrangements while ferris use calella-so at least with siesta you get the impression that you are heading in the right direction. i find the way ferris do it, picking up in lloret and then going down to calella can add 4 hours to the return coach journey.
the personal headphones, giving you some choice of what you watch/listen to means you dont have to listen to whatever is broadcast over the main sound system as on ferris coaches
the food and choice on siesta seemed to be better, bacon rolls for breakfast were appreciated
the extra leg room is definitely a bonus
the extra staircase is also great if you are upstairs, as it means you can get off a lot quicker at the stops.

however, i will not stop using ferris(platinum only :) ) as they usually beat siesta on price, have a smoking room- for the moment anyway -and they do nothing wrong really except for the above few niggles.

to sum up, if the price of my holiday was the same i would choose siesta every time, but i would have no problems travelling on ferris's platinum coach if there were sufficient savings to be had
I usually 'pre mix' my vodka into small plastic bottles before i go just in case, but most coach companies i have been with never bother, although i do remember some when i was younger not allowing people to drink .... i suppose you can't fool people though, and my slurred speech and constant giggling might be enough to tip people off that i aint just drinking irn bru!!! :lol:

I agree that a balance can be struck ..... i came back on a redcrest coach full of total a***s one year, thankfully they were mainly upstairs and i was downstairs, but they were sitting drinking cans of lager waiting on the 7am ferry!! :roll: Most other years i've been fine though, and as long as it's in moderation, then i dont see the problem ... helps you get a sleep on the coach!
I am about to book coach only travel to spain, Im thinking of doing this with ferris, does anyone know if siesta do coach only, ferris qouted me a cheaper price than cantabrica surprisingly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.