Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I have never been to the Algarve either.

But when I was planning a family trip to Fuerteventura, I found the site below very useful.

Disabled Holiday Directory

I hope it helps you, as much as it did my family.
:tup
Well topofthetower, I see there is a rush to let you know about Albufiera. If you can find a hotel that you would like there and I don't think there are many if any, you would have a very hard time getting about with all the hills and very high curbs.
I was there last July and I am fit over 60 and I found it hard going getting from the old town to the Brisa Sol apartments, if I were you I would look for a more flatter area like Tavira, there are no hills there, the only thing that may get you is if you wanted to go to the beach, you have to get on a boat to it.
The hotel we stay in is the Vila Gale Tavira with Jet2 Holidays and it is a flat walk to the town.
Good Luck,
Dave.
thanks for that dave someone told me it was flat there im not bothered about some of the high curbs I go to Bulgaria a lot and trust me they are high there I will have a look at the hotel you suggested :cheers
thanks for that dave someone told me it was flat there im not bothered about some of the high curbs

I have only been once and can't help with a disabled friendly hotel, however it is definitely not the flattest resort and has many slopes, the area around 'The Strip' is on an incline and 'The Old Town' is located down from the main resorts hotel areas.

Having said that there is a good little trolley bus train that runs around the resort making it easy to get to the Strip and there is also an escalator that takes you straight down from the top of the resort to the Old Town right beside one of the stops for the train.

The Old Town is very flat and very pleasant and was by far our favourite with plenty of shops and restaurants and easy access to the beach.

Not sure if this of any help ? http://www.laterooms.com/en/k15040259_albufeira-hotels.aspx?q=2_disabled-access-hotels#tdokpf

Graham
thanks guys for your replies its not looking good then im in a wheelchair but would hopefully be able to hire a scooter but going off your advice might have to think of somewhere else :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.