Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Arenal d'en castell is the place for you!!!

Self catering can be found in apartment complexes including: Sol Isla, Isla paraiso, Castell Sol, Costa Arenal.

Have a look at Holiday rentals co uk, there are plenty of nice apartments to hire at good prices.

Arenal has the best beach on the island, and is only a 25 minute drive from the airport.

Taxis are plentifull just outside the airport doors, and cost 28/30 euros maximum.
Hi brucieg and welcome to HT!

If you look at out Resort reviews and Hotel Reviews, links at the top of the page, they may give you some ideas.

luci :wave
As an expat living on the island i can recommend Calan Bosch as a nice all round resort for both adults and children. Your have a choice of two beaches and everything is close by. There is a water park and also two water play areas with slides and games for the children.
You can hop on the bus until late to the old town of Ciutadella (10 mins away) which is stunning in the cooler evening and if your three year old is used to eating out you can grap some tapas late in to the evening amongst the locals, or dine down in the port. I think the west of the island gives you the best of both worlds (although Calan Blanes has lots for kids it's more a 'beer and football'resort) Taxi's can be prepaid for but not pre booked.
Head straight out of the small airport and the rank is just outside. Threre may be a queue but you wait no longer than 10 mins or so usually on a bad day.

Hope this helps
I used to work in Menorca. I worked there for two years with a holiday company.

It is a great place for young families.

There are plenty of great beaches and cristal clear waters.

Son Bou has the biggest beach on the island and stretches for what seems like miles.

There are a few bars and restaurants there but not that many.

Cala Galdana also has a nice beach and you can walk to secluded coves nearby (a little bit rocky but I'm sure even a three year old would enjoy that).

Punta Prima is also a nice beach and you are within easy reach of Mahon the capital. Not that many bars and restaurants there though.

Mahon harbour is the second largest natural harbour in the world and worth a visit even if just to see how the other half lives.

I used to live in Mahon and saw lots of 'faces'. I even had a drink in a bar next to the Spanish royal family (infanta Cristina) and her boyfriend who is now her husband.

The small harbour next to Mahon Es Castell is worth a visit for a meal in the evening. The food is excellent there and they don't rip you off because you're tourists. My husband had the 'best fish he's ever had' there.

If you are going in September Mahon fiestas are usually the first week in September.

There are no shortage of gorgeous beaches in Menorca, nowhere is very lively but some places are livelier than others.
Son Parc is a quieter and prettier resort and good for families with avery safe beach which is shallow for a long way out. The 'Beach Club' is an aparthotel as is the Sol Parc in the middle of the resort although not sure which companies go there but First Choice have alot of places on the island. It is home to the islands only golf course and is all set amongst a pine forest. The resort is quite spread out with private villas, groups of apartments and the two hotels. There is a road known as 'the strip' which has about ten restaurants in it and various shops. We stay at the aldea mar apts which have their own website or try http://www.holidaylettings.co which we have used for renting in mainland Spain. If it helps we got flights in July with first choice for about £550 for family of four (10 days) :D . Happy hols
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.