Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi clairelou

I went to Faliraki last july and i have to say it was really quiet there. Although there was bars and nightclubs open it just seemed very dead. The bars were good and all offered different offers to get u in there. I was suprised how clean it was cos i too had heard many things but there were lots of cleaners around which i thought made a differnce.
I went with work so never experienced it from a couple/single point of view but there were groups of men/women but also couples so i would say it was a mixed variaty.
The beach is lovely. Nicest beach on the island and is sand not shingle.

Hope you have a fab time.

Lisa
Hi There,

I went to Falaraki last August with my boyfriend - I'm 21 - he was 25 at the time.

All the bad reviews are not to be listened to! We absolutely loved it! The nightlife was just right - it has calmed down a little, but busy enough to have a laugh! There is a massive street which has all kinds of bars and pubs and clubs - really really good. Are you planning on doing any sightseeing? Let me know if you are - we hired a car and saw some fab stuff - so could give you some advice if you like.

Don't worry about Falaraki though. Didn't find the men that sliezy - and we met up with a lot of other couples like us on hols. Had a few drunken nights out - and it is busy most nights of the week!
hey....

Thanks for the replies! Both of u ave put my mind at rest, we were considering changing our holiday because of the bad stuff we ad heard. u said it wasnt too busy out there, but i think that would be better for us than packed with loads of people.

where bouts in faliraki have u stayed Lisa & Kiera? we're stayin in los cambos apartments, apparently 15 mins from town centre.

Lisa, we would be interested in going about in the day time and maybe visiting other places, is there any trips/places you can reccomand? we wouldnt be hiring a car tho.

Thanks! xx :D
I stayed in Kalithea just outside Faliraki itself so dont know wat the accomm is like there.
For a nice day trip go to Lindos and see the Acropolis. Very nice but very hot. We went on the donkey ride too that was good.
Also you must go to Rhodes Town, was absoloutly lovely there. Both in day and night. And dosnt cost you must in a taxi either bout 8 euros roughly.

You'll have a fab time

Lisa
Thanks Lisa, sounds good. :lol:

one more question, whats it like to eat and drink out in faliraki? what are the prices like? we're goin self-catering, so will be eating out alot. wondered also what are the prices of drinks like compared to england prices?

Is ne1 else off to faliraki in aug? we're goin 13th-27th xx
Well cos we stayed outside didnt really have to much to eat there. But the drinks are reasonable. If you drink the localy produced spirits there cheap but anything thats imported you pay a lot more for. I had vodka and red bull and it was 10 euros. so its best to stay with the local stuff to keep the costs down.

Lisa
Agree with most of the points above. Faliraki got a hard time with all that bad press and so is not the resort it once was. There's still a good choice of bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. and the beach is great (there's even a nudist section if that's your thing :lol: ). Prices in Rhodes are no longer cheap so expect a night out to cost similar to the UK. Restaurants tend to be cheaper but drinks about the same as home (though with so many bars competing there's often happy hours, two for one, etc.). Buying alcohol from supermarkets though is dirt cheap.
If you've not got a car Lindos and Rhodes Town are very cheap and easy to visit by local bus and as Faliraki is very 'english' you'll be glad you took time to check these places out.
Rhodes Town is also great for a night out - head for Orfandinou Street, that's where you'll find the liveliest bars and clubs. A bit more chilled but definitely worth a visit if you're on a night in Rhodes Town is Blue Lagoon (close to Mandraki Harbour). It's an open air bar with part of a ship and a sort of carribbean/pirate theme.
clairelou1985 Please do not post in phone text style (abbreviations)
Rhodes is a beautiful island. The beach at Faliraki is lovely, long and sandy.There are so many places to see, Valley of the Butterflies (Petaloudes) is very pretty, also the cross at Filerimos is worth a visit.There's Ancient Kamiros and Profitis Ilias too, I could go on and on.The Old Town is a must but beware of eating/drinking in the main squares as it's very expensive. Go off the main track and find small tavernas, you won't be disappointed. Have a lovely holiday, I'm going back on May 18th for the 70th time!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.