Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
fishing trips
8 Posts
fishing trips leave from the 'egg' corner of san antonio harbour. i think the boat is called the barbados - there's a little stand with leaflet information there. alternatively you can stand on the rocks at pdt! perhaps someone has a google map of the area?
san an, cala de bou area & ibiza town are the last on our list :)
i put up jesus and san jose yesterday, es cana, cala llonga, sargamassa etc weve done and should go up this week
any tips on what bait to use?
Hi thanet12, Whenever i go fishing in Ibiza, the bait i use most of the time is Bread, but i have used popcorn, burger meat & bacon...Most of my success has come with bread, I adopt freshwater tactics,(light gear)...I have caught loads of fish, Mullet,Bass & fish i dont even no the name of...I have only been shore fishing but i expect the boat fishing is far better...You can actually feed the fish by hand, which is good fun...Hope this helps...
Normally the boat skippers provide bait and tackle but if its any help I do best with raw prawns cut into four and put on small hooks about size 10's. Weights need to be on the bottom of your set up with hooks above and keep your baits on the bottom as much as you can.
The undertow will bow your line and pick the baits up which gets good bites but you then need to let more line out to sink the baits as you will catch little well of the bottom.

If you are anchored then half a mackerel on a dead bait rig will pick up Congers and Octopus. Again flat to the bottom though.

For beach fishing,best is bread for mullet and rag worm for most of the bottom feeding species. Lures will pick up mackerel and sea bass,maybe a bonito if you are lucky.

Best of luck,John.

P.S.These fish, although not caught from Ibiza waters were caught not too far away, both on half a Mackerel.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar/IMG_1309.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar/PicsforpapersandCA061.jpg
hi pooh e 2

just got back from our hol went fishing most mornings early when sea was like a mill pond soon as the daily breeze got up and the beach people arrived around 10- 10.30 am fishing went dead
how ever upto this point i did catch small various fish again using the fresh water tactics as i always do when on holiday bread seems to be the more preductive bait as you say mullet, small black wrass and sliver fish with black spot by tail which i found were called darada and other unknown to me species. all this was on the bomb 20 30 meters out from the shore
didnt see any trips as we were not in the port area
Hi thanet12, I am so jealous because I wont be going to ibiza until sept...I also went to Port des torrent a few years ago, loved the fishing but our hotel was rubbish, we stayed at the Barcello hotel... I used to start my fishing at 5 in the morning, great little beach...Glad you managed to catch some fish...I am just getting my fishing gear ready for this seasons fishing adventures...Tight Lines...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.