Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Flight TOM 159
14 Posts
Yes,it's still on the runway i can see it from here.

John
Oh dear an Indian engineer fixing your plane.Glad I am not on that flight.

Papa
The flight just left 5 minutes ago.

John
Papa wrote:
Oh dear an Indian engineer fixing your plane.Glad I am not on that flight.

Papa

I hope he was better than my mechanic.. When I went to pick my truck up he said;

"I couldn,t fix your brakes.. So I made your horn louder" :rofl

Gaz
We all arrived home safely, travel worn and weary but safe, which is the main thing.

Hotel accommodation we were provided with was good, although in the middle of nowhere, it was arranged quickly and efficiently and as we fortunately had plenty of money left we just had another 2 days holiday. Unfortunately not everyone was in the same boat, the amount of drinks provided free was not adequate for the climate there was nowhere to get supplies of toiletries and mozzy repellent and the lack of information was frustrating to say the least. Tempers were frayed.

Hopefully lessons to be learned by tour operators for future delays.
Thanks for the update.

Papa
hi karenchicken
we were in the retreat is that where you were put , it was scandelous i thought they never bothered to keep us informed and they were telling us anything , we had to buy drinks and they put the price up
foer example on a bottle of bud it said rrp 24rupee the were charging 120rupee and we asked to change money after we had checked out and some people were refused as they were not guests and the food was not up to much and also 14 sunbeds for the whole of the hotel and there was 40 of us there and other guests but it was a joke
markandpauline52
I was also on the flight!! I felt we were well treated by Thomson, we were taken to the Nanu Resort in Betalbatim which was a decent hotel although very remote, I have to say I was shattered though when we arrived home :(
Very difficult for the airline to deal with this sort of situation with such short notice.

Look at it this way.The inbound flight shows no sign of any technical problem until it has landed.By all accounts this was an issue with the brakes.

By the time the crew are aware of the problem all the home bound passengers are already at the airport expecting to board their flight home.

This leaves Thomsons ground handling agents with up to 260 passengers to deal with.

Initially they will not have known how long the tech issue would take to resolve and then the limited resources they have in place have to hotel a full flight.

I am certainly not trying to defend Thomson but I have now had two occasions to view favourably the professionalism of the Thomson handling agents in Goa.

I will give only one example.

On our return flight this year I had no tickets to present.Being e ticket I only had our booking reference number somehow managing to delete the email that would have allowed me to print out the flight details.

On our arrival at Dabolim due to classic Indian need for paper we were refused entry to the airport despite our names being on the passenger manifest.

The Thomson agent acted calmly and with great humour informong me that in India they needed paper tickets.

This resulted in us being held outside the terminal building while he had someone write out manually tickets.

I thought an elegant solution to a typically Indian problem.

We often criticise the Indians incompetence but I have to take my hat off to the way this man handled things.

I can only imagine how difficult things were when faced at very short notice with a whole flight full that had to be hoteled

Glad you all got back safely if very tired.

Papa
A few years back we had problems with a Thompson flight. We landed in Abu Dhabi were taken to the most fantastic hotel I have ever stayed in - pure luxury, particularly after two weeks staying at the Dona Alcina. They were more than generous with food and drink and there were no problems with making a couple of phone calls home.
To our friends who were first timers and didn't really 'get' Goa it was the highlight of their holiday :rofl , they have more photos of our night in Abu Dhabi than of the whole holiday in Goa
MARKANDPAULINE :wave: :sun2
Sorry to here of your delay love glad your safely home now
nice to have met you both
take care Pat :wave:
hi pat
same hope you enjoyed your hol
and just to confirm thompson reps were telling the people at the retreat hotel different things and also we had to ring them to find out what was going on but we know they were trying their best in a difficult situation but it was the staff and issues at the hotel we could not change any money at the hotel becuase they said we had checked out and had no room number and we could not get any chage outside because their was nothing there , and we stood at reception and were totally ingnored as if we were invisible , but hey ho goa was a wonderful place and will go back
We were also sent to the Nanu resort and I have to say they were really helpful, they were happy to change money for us and even opened the shop in reception, that was supposed to be closed that day, so we could buy Mozzy repellant and Sun Cream. Aside from the lack of information from Thompsons and I daresay they had no information but it would have been nice to have some contact, I think we were treated very well. Unfortunately I am in work today trying to catch up after missing 2 days. I was not well in the airport and on the flight home and was extremely grateful that the flight attandants were able to provide medication. I have had various delays before, this being the longest and I have to say without a doubt Thompsons are the best at dealing with it, travelling home from Greece with Excel airways and having a 10 hour delay, when we had booked with Kosmar Holidays, we were just left with no contact at all to sleep on the floor at the airport.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.